Friday, February 29, 2008

Time For A Change

When I first discovered avatars and their purpose, I posted what I considered was probably the most decent & recent picture I had of myself. And because it was really the only one I had, I used it everywhere. Shortly after posting it for the first time, my friend Kelly put up a huge protest. She's a good friend and said that the expression my face was foreign to her. She said in all of her interactions with me, she said she's never seen that look on my face (she also said it looked sneaky, lol).

She's been offering to take a better picture of me for many months now and I finally got over to her house yesterday (oh, it was so hard - she lives lives like 5 houses away). We thought it would be funny to post the "old" avatar pic and then post the favorites from the series she took.

I know my favorite and will use it on my avatar but I thought I'd throw it out there and see what your favorite is.

Old: (yeah, the no make-up & bed head doesn't help)
New #1:
#2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7

30 backward glances:

Shelby said...

ok, there is no question, number 1!!!!! I love them all, but #1 just captures you! Kelly is so talented!

Amy said...

i like #1 too a lot. i'll reveal my fav at the end of all the comments. kelly is talented - these were taken just right in her kitchen in the space of about 5 minutes!

kelly said...

Numero uno.
I love it for your avatar.
But, I like the last one because I see that face a lot.

Anonymous said...

I vote for #2. You look like you knee deep in your riveting lady-book about understanding....

Peter Leyshan said...

I like #5 the best. So bright and natural.

Ellen said...

#7, definitely. The others are you, at specific times or situations, but the last one looks most like you...at least the you that I know.

Amy said...

Hi Peter: first time here? thanks for stopping by and casting your vote!

Ellen: (this is my younger sister) i love it that my little sister, someone who knows me very well identifies me with the one picture where I'm laughing my fool head off. Come to think of it, Kelly prefers that one too. I'm LOVING that! I guess I'm known as a happy person - either that or a fool!

Mike said...

I vote for #5 as well =)

Anonymous said...

#7. I must say, however, it was a hard choice. Kelly knows you so well and has captured several aspects of who you are. Great photos.

FriendinME said...

hummm. You know you are addicted to blogging when you go out specifically to have head-shots made for your avatar. :)

(btw... tell Kelly the next time she happens to be in Maine to bring her camera. She is good. For my avatar, I don't want a picture that does justice, I want one that shows mercy.)

They are all nice. So, I think I like 6 the best but 7 would probably make a better avatar.

josey said...

amy!! these are all so awesome! since i've not seen you in real life, it was so much fun to see some different "amy expressions" :D (anyone remember greg kinnear's expression shop in talk soup? LOL...anyhoo...)

i honestly have to say i like #3 the best. it just looks playful and candid! but i dont know which one is the most "amy." LOL. my other faves are #7 and #1! (in that order.)

(so hey, i think you kinda look like carrie underwood!! esp in #1 & #5. that's a compliment btw! hopefully you like her or i'm in trouble. LOL...)

Anonymous said...

I think the first one is cute.. but the others are all very pretty.. I like the one with the book and the one where you are smiling with your hand up to your chin... my favorites.

Amy said...

Oh My! I think this post got the most comments ever! I guess when you finally "show the self behind the words" it is interesting!

Kelly DID do a good job exposing "me" and I think that was her aim.

mike: thank you for your vote! I like that one too - course i like them all.

christy: thanks! she did a great job!

FriendinMe: hahahaha - so true, so true! btw Kelly was sort of near Maine not too long ago. too bad, so sad. thanks for your vote! 7's making a good show of it!

josey: i thought you'd be interested! i LOVED talk soup! and yes, I've been told i look like Carrie Underwood before which I think is awesome. She's absolutely beautiful! I just need blonder hair (I mean blonde hair, lol).

ben: thanks! i'm extremely smart! can't you tell? i'm just dripping intellect haha! I'm book learned, but I wouldn't say smart necessarily but thanks!

judi: thanks for coming to visit my blog! you're new! thanks for your vote!

Carly said...

They all look soooo great and so you! I think I like #7 best, you are definitely a happy fun person and that is what #7 portrays.

Tish said...

I love all the new pics, but #3 is my favorite! :)

Anonymous said...

I have to say that #6 is the sexiest for me.

Rachel said...

I like all of them. They're so cute and creative. You are adorable!! Love the hair.
I can't choose.

Anonymous said...

Those are excellent pics of you! And love the blog, btw, I added you to my blogroll!

Amy said...

carly & tish: thank you! that's so nice of you both!

Word of Morgan: sexy? hmm. never a word I much associated with myself but thanks!

Rachel: you're new here! welcome! thanks for the vote and comment!

Ruthie: thanks! i always appreciate blog love! thanks for your comment! I'll be checking your blog out too!

Robyn said...

Hey -- you are my Entrecard for the day over at Genkidesuyo.com---imagine my surprise to open your page and see my sister in laws amazing photography on your site---it has a look all it's own--and it's awesome! I don't know you--so I'm not going to venture a guess as to which one looks the most like you--So I will just choose the one that I like and that is #3!! But they are all great!

Heidi Sue said...

You look cute in all of them. The last one is my favorite.

Amy said...

thanks Heidi!

okay....drumroll.....i choose #3 although 7 is a really fun one too. that was DH's favorite too among many of you all!

thanks to everyone who posted a vote!

Rachel said...

Oh I miss that laugh. I loved all of them, each pic showed an Amy that is so amazing! Sorry I missed the voting. But it was so great to see the pictures of you. YOU LOOK GREAT!
RK

Melanie Posell said...

I think I like 7 the best because it is the face I've seen on you most. I feel like you just made a joke, or Kelly did and you are laughing at her. She is a funny chika!

Steve said...

#7 is the one that I like best, but #6 is a very close second. :-)

Amy said...

Oh Steve! There you are! Welcome back!

Unknown said...

May I just say they are all WONDEFRUL. You are so beautiful.

Gypsy at Heart said...

And WHO is the popular one now Amy? Well, I refuse to cast a vote. I think that what you should do is rotate them periodically and give new arrivals to your blog the opportunity to see your many different expressions. They are all fantastic. Your friend Kelly is a talented photographer and you, a fabulous photographing subject. I'll have you know that I noticed the new photo immediately. That is how eye-catching it was.

Mr Furious said...

Since I don't know you I can't judge authenticity, but as an Art Director I would pick 1, 2 or 3...

Did I mention I'm indecisive?

If forced, I'd pick 3.

YOu can always rotate em!

(Kelly is an excellent photographer)

Urology Surgery in India said...

Thanks for sharing post – much appreciated and now following you! Looking forward to your Post....