Thursday, February 28, 2008

American Idol Secret


Most of my friends know that I LOVE to sing. If you've known me for longer than 15 years, you also know that I was lead singer in a band for a short time when I had visions of Nashville (yes, I sing country with more comfort than any other genre).

I think that's why I love American Idol so much! I don't mind being 34, in fact I really actually love the feeling of having a little wisdom under my belt. It's a secure feeling. But, there's one regret I have for being this age and you've probably guessed it by now with my reference to American Idol. Yes, I regret being too old to audition for American Idol...there. I said it. Out Loud.

Do I think I could be the next American Idol? Not in 14 million years. Maybe 15 million.

Do I think I would have made it to Hollywood? Hahaha - since we'll NEVER know...absolutely!

But even if I hadn't, I'm pretty sure I would have at least been taken seriously (well, at least for my voice) I absolutely know that by this time in my life, I don't have the necessary "look" That's over. Done with. But that's part of the reason why I would have wanted to try out - just to find out if I even had a chance!

But I guess I'll never know. Every season, I'll just have to mourn the fact that babies are taking over the world of entertainment. I would have hated Nashville anyway.

13 backward glances:

josey said...

you are so awesome, amy!!! hehe!! you are makin me grin from ear to ear! ahhh i cant say i dont dream in the back of my head that i was younger and could audition, too. i KNOW i'd be too goofy to get past hollywood...but its fun to think i'd at least make it that far :) so you sang in a country band?? SWEET! what made you give up your music aspirations?

you jest warm tha cockles of me heart admittin away yer girlish secrets! i'm glad im not the only one who thinks about stuff like that. ;)

Amy said...

i guess this is what it feels like to get old. this is just one of the first dreams that will never become reality because we're too old. i can deal...

Tish said...

Aww, I wish you could try out too! :)

I'm in Knoxville, only two short hours from Nashville. Come on out! :)

Amy said...

Tish: Well I guess I wouldn't hate Nashville THAT since I have a friend close-by!

Amy said...

do i know how to type? obviously not.

Deepak said...

u have a great blog Amy....
ur posts are cool...
if u have time...
try visiting my blog...
www.24x7interestingfacts.blogspot.com

Amy said...

Deepak: thanks for stopping by!

FriendinME said...

I have the opposite problem. I know that they would have taken me in a heartbeat and I would have won.

I had the voice. I had the "look." I certainly had the charisma.

Too bad that they didn't have American Idol in 1852.

Amy said...

Yes Steve, but do you have the humility :)

Debra said...

Hey I'm Debra, my blog Here's Debra, I saw your award to Jessica's blog sometime back and have been enjoying reading yours ever since. American Idol may have age limits but you certainly don't appear to old to me. Taylor looks older than you do and he won this last year. I just think your the cutest thing and your family lovely. If you still like to sing but don't think your a professional sound you might try checking with your local cafe's and coffee shops that use more unknown talent, it adds a more comfortable feel for their customers and people seem to like having live entertainment instead of piped in music. By the way your new pics are great. They fit the words you write about your life. Kelly has a good eye.

Amy said...

Debra: your comment is probably the nicest comment I've ever received. Thank you!

Childsplayx2 said...

First, I'm going to add you to my RSS feed because it's been far too long since I've visited.

Second, I liken this "too old" experience to something similar for me. I'm 36 and almost everyone I watch in professional sports is younger than me. I can't get over that fact. It's so alien since for most of my life they were older or my contemporaries.

Oh well, the babies will rule the world one day, huh?

Amy said...

Childsplayx2: good to see you back!