Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Life Gets In The Way

So I missed American Idol tonight. Not too disappointed since it's still auditions and I've TiVO'd it anyway. I'll watch it tomorrow if I get a chance. I did plan to watch it but this evening my mom called and said my grandma was having some heart trouble and that she'd been admitted to the hospital. I went over there and spent the evening with them playing Scrabble on the computer and watching videos of my daughter that they'd never seen. It was fun.

Anyway, just wanted to check in and acknowledge the Holy day of American Idol (jk).

9 backward glances:

Unknown said...

I hope she is okay.

Barbara said...

Good girl! I hope she feels better soon.

BTW, how are the fish?

Amy said...

Thanks for your concern Katie & Barbara. She's still there and i went up to see her this morning. I think they're goign to run a few more tests but it looks like she didn't actually have a true heart attack although they're not sure why her stats are all whacked. She'll be home tonight and that's good.

Barbara: my fish are doing better I think. it's been slow going but most of the ICK is gone. I'm supposed to re-acclimate then on Sunday but I think I'm going to wait another couple of weeks and see if I can entirely get rid of all of the white fuzz. Is this what I should do? Someone said it could just be scarring or something. I'd rather be safe than sorry. Thanks for asking! I've been meaning to post about them and probably will soon.

Gypsy at Heart said...

Amy, I'm sorry to hear your grandmother is not doing so well. Your evening spent playing scrabble sounds like a much better alternative than Idol anyway. I love Scrabble. Too competitive for my own good though. I like to believe I'm little Miss Webster. Glad to hear the fish are healing. I too had been meaning to ask. I'll say a prayer for your nana tonight. Milena

josey said...

i'm sending up prayers for your grandma! i hope her stats normalize soon and that she still gets to come home tonite :)

i watched the most recent AI today. it was pretty good =) i'm getting more and more excited for hollywood week!!

Amy said...

thanks Milena & Josey. I think she'll be alright but we always worry!

Rachel said...

I'm just glad you picked Grandma over American Idol.
And I'm glad she is doing better...
I'm also glad to hear you and Kelly are still getting up early to swat the blue ball around the court.
You'll make a morning exercise person out of her yet.

Heidi Sue said...

I hope that your grandma is ok. I don't know about you, but my grandma is my best friend and I hate it when she is not doing so good. I hope all turns out well. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Barbara said...

Oh, that's great to hear on both counts. I hope your grandma makes a full recovery.

As for the fishies, I would watch to make sure they don't have any ick left before putting them in a tank with healthy fish. I would be afraid of infecting the others, even if it's a small amount. That ick is bad news.

That said, I would read the instructions or go to the medicine site and make sure you won't leave them in it too long. That could be a problem, too.

I'm happy you took the time and effort to help these little guys. You have a good heart.