Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Hollywood Week 1

In school, when there was a really hard course required for our degree, we called it a "weeder" course.


That's what I think this new ploy of "take your instrument on-stage with you" is for the first performance during Hollywood Week 1. In my opinion, and we all know what that's worth, most of the people that took instruments along spent too much time focusing on the instrument playing and not enough on vocals. Too bad for them. I'm not sure it's a wise choice to include anything extraneous when something so important is on the line. You'd have to be pretty confidant.


It's too early to state my favorites especially since they all get a 2nd try (fortunately for them).


"Can I get that without the loss of self-esteem?"

1 backward glances:

Rachel said...

BTW. We watched last night and taped it tonight so we wouldn't miss it. We've never been AI junkies but we might just be now and it's your fault :)
I'm excited about Brooke White from AZ and the Hernandez guy from Glendale AZ, both are awesome. The foreigners are also great, but you gotta vote American!