Friday, February 22, 2008

The Newest Hang Out

It's difficult for me to remember all the places that we, as teenagers, found to hang out on Friday nights. We'd listen intently to the rumor-mill for any house-parties going on, and if there wasn't one, sometimes we'd go to this teenaged dance-club, or the movies, or hang out at the mall (infrequent), any athletic games going on at the school or basically anywhere else we could find more than 2 "cool" people in one place.

That was then...

Tonight I thought I'd run over to our local Rec Center thinking Friday night was probably a "slow night" at the gym, and that perhaps I'd have a chance at an elliptical which are hot commodities any time of the day even if there are like 10 of them.

Was I ever mistaken! The place was literally crawling with teenagers, and they were all working out like that's the new & coolest thing to do on a Friday night. Of course, where one teenager is, you'll find lots more! I was astonished! Of course when I was a teenager, there was nowhere like that to hang out, that I knew of and working out wasn't really the most awesome and cool thing to do unless you were a wrestler.

So, if you're wondering where the teens are hanging since they're not at the malls or in front of the convenience stores on Friday/Saturday nights...they're at the gym...

but lol, they were too busy showing off for each other that I still got an elliptical!

1 backward glances:

Brother Frankie said...

my 2 15 year olds go there on fridays. jim beach is def better than the mall..