Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Psycho Hair Girl

That's what I call her. She's crazy. She's bi-polar. She's practically insane by DSM IV standards. But man, can she do hair!

I boycotted my hair girl (okay, my hair stylist) for about 6 months and had a good excuse. She had a baby. During her pregnancy however, it was torture to go see her. She was either on a high that left me feeling confused and spinning, or so depressed that she was sullen and I was annoyed.

So I was letting my hair grow a bit and I was coming less frequently (perhaps that was an excuse too) and then she went on leave. She called me when she got back from leave and I ignored it pretending that I was loving my new long hair, lol.

Meanwhile I was cheating on her with the girl down the street who, while she is much less expensive, does a rotten job and I feel like bad-hair-day every day. I've cheated 3x and have now lost that lovin' feeling (price-wise). I'm going back to my true love: Psycho Hair Girl, who welcomed me back with open arms and didn't question my lies.

I have an appointment at 10:15 tomorrow. I might even bring her flowers (or at least a baby gift).

8 backward glances:

Unknown said...

Whatever- your hair always looks perfect. So cute and so sassy.

FriendinME said...

take a before and after picture... and post them :)

(and I hope that the person who has cut your hair the last 3x doesn't read this blog)

Amy said...

katie: you're nice but i feel like frumpy mom right now!

friendinME: that's a great idea! then i can really show her quality work!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Katie. On Sunday I was just thinking how much I loved your hair and meant to tell you so but alas, I failed to do so. Your hair is always darling and such a far cry from "frumpy mom".

Gypsy at Heart said...

Agree with Katie and Christy. Like friendinme, I also want to see PHO-TOS. As to psycho girl, been there, have done that. All the good ones are like that. Why is that the case?

Amy said...

Christy: thanks for that compliment. yes, Sunday I was having a good-hair-day and always appreciate when someone else notices :)

Milena: I did take pictures - and will post them, I promise.

Jessica said...

I', cracking up over her mood swings!!

Rachel said...

Oh, my fellow hair friend. How I wish I could sit with you and sing the whoas of hair. I've been missing my hair guy Ritch for several months now. In fact, my hair is almost the longest it has EVER been. Seriously it's in a pony tail everyday after school because I can't stand it on my neck. I have broke down and found a new stylist, Pat and she does an ok job. but it's not the same. Every time I went to Ritch it was a retreat, I was comfortable and knew whatever he did with my color or cut I would like it. And the family discount was great.
I've been to your Multi tattoo hair lady, it's just not the same comfort, but she is good with the scissors!
Yes, post a photo, I was just thinking I needed to photo my terrible BLACK roots, the shame!