Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Rain and Ice Cream?


It's been storming here in Utah - rain last night, all night long and most of the day today so far. The rain turned to sleet this morning so it sort of looks like snow but it's not really. The thunder and lightening woke me up at 3 AM this morning and I longed to open the window and hear it beat on the roof but it was really chilly...never mind.

I'd been working all day yesterday and on those days, I feel especially guilty for leaving my daughter at a sitter (it's that maternal conflict) so when she suggested we go get ice cream, I thought nothing of the weather. "Of course! That sounds like a great idea".

We had to get bundled up like eskimos to even go outside, it was that cold and took off for the local Cold Stone Creamery (you been there? no? you are SOOO missing out). I thought we'd be the only ones there, but we weren't! Another family, and a cute little high school couple.

The Supreme Princess (as my little girl is now known as), is still at the age where color rules in ice cream selection. She got the "blue" ice cream since that's her fav color. It turned out to be "Cotton Candy" which she hates (who's kid is this anyway?). My fav ice cream is Strawberry.

Cold Stone makes these concoctions that are so amazing! And just so you know, I do not do that "Pay per Post" thing so this is NOT an advertisement. Just a personal endorsement. My fav concoction there is Our Strawberry Blonde, which is absolutely to die for! They use this "sweet cream ice cream" as their basis and it is heavenly! And, since the blue ice cream turned out to be not such a favorite flavor, I shared mine with the SP and because I'm a mother, I was okay with sharing my coveted ice cream with my favorite friend.

5 backward glances:

Anonymous said...

My favorite is "Mud Pie Mojo". It's coffee (gasp!) ice cream, oreos, whipped cream, peanut butter, almonds...i think that's it. it's is TEH BEST IN TEH WURLD!

Anonymous said...

I AM NOT ANONYMOUS! MY COMPUTER IS JUST RETARDED! I wrote the above...

Unknown said...

That place is sooooo good. I am up for it no matter what weather is going on outside! I must say I love the sweet cream with carmel, brownie and whip cream.

Rachel said...

Ohhhh, I can't find a Cold Stone here! And it is still 90 degrees, help, someone send me some cold weather, a sweater and some Cold Stone! I'm sweating in Arizona...

Sleeping Beauty said...

My kids also love the cotton candy ice cream. Although most of it ends up on the ground then it does in their mouth! LOL. I got the mint chocolate chip, I was to scared to try anything else lol.