Sunday, October 21, 2007

Natural Enemies


by Warran Adler.

I've decided to highlight books I've recently finished reading so that perhaps I can remember what books I've read, and maybe someone might be interested in a book I've read also, since I know lots of people are looking for recommendations - not just me.

I finished reading Natural Enemies on Thursday night. It's the first book I've read in a really long time that has kept me up late, not wanting to put the book down.

Not that the book wasn't predictable in it's final outcome, but the way they brought it down was pretty suspenseful!

It's about this very urbanized couple who accidentally get stranded without hardly any supplies in the middle of the Rocky Mountains. They are there for at least a week doing whatever they can to survive. And while everything that can happen to them, does indeed happen, the author portrays it in a way that makes it believable, right down to the way they handle each crisis.

I like these suspenseful type books. But so many these days start out so much the same, and I'm bored even reading the jacket. So it takes an act of God for me to actually be interested in a book in the first place. I've gotten so choosy! But this one did pique my interest, and even held it which for me, is enough to deserve some accolades.

Just to mention, the author who wrote this book also wrote The War of the Roses, which was later turned into a movie. I did read that Natural Enemies was also considered for a movie, and I think it would have been a great one.

0 backward glances: