Monday, October 22, 2007

Get Me Out of Here

Maybe I'm hormonal or maybe it's just a bad day. That's the worst thing about being female; you're never really sure which it is. And regardless of whatever is making you feel so rotten toward all things living, and even some inatimate objects - it doesn't matter. The feelings are true and valid, and so poignant. I feel today, like I want to clothe myself in something warm, loose and frumpy, put a pair of sunglasses on - grab a high limit, no balance credit card and a diet Pepsi and take the first one-way flight out of here. I wouldn't care if it took me to Kansas City.

But, since I have a family, a mortgage and student loans, I'll do all of the above except instead of grabbing the credit card, I'll grab a dollar and go buy a Diet Pepsi and escape in whatever book I pick up first. Hopefully it can take me somewhere better than Kansas City...

4 backward glances:

Anonymous said...

awww amy...i know SO how you feel! i had one of my cant-make-me-dont-wanna-im-gonna-run-away-and-quit-life-anyway days over the weekend. im sure mine was mostly hormonal and general frustration; but either way, it SUCKED.

hang in there!! tomorrow will be better! *HUGS*

*sits next to you by the beach in frumpy clothes and big sunglasses with a big icy glass of choccy milk* ;)

~josey~

Anonymous said...

I prayed for patience last night...consequently, Abby woke up at 5:30 and wouldn't go back to sleep unless I had my head on her bed right next to her...for, like, an hour! Will is still up as often as possible. I almost cried I wanted a few hours of sleep so badly. What I'm trying to say (in my own sobstory kind of way) is I can relate. Hope you found a good book.

Someone from church came and totally cleaned my house today. That's what cheered me up. Want me to come clean your house? :0

Rachel said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that has a bad day once in a while.
I like Ellen's idea, but in my case I like to go and clean someone's house when I'm having a bad day.

Mike said...

Sometimes, it's good being a guy. As a guy, I only have one emotion. I thought I was developing a second, but it turned out to be heartburn.

How DO you deal with it?