Monday, January 28, 2008

Today's Recap

Fortunately there wasn't much going on today since it snowed a bucket-full...AGAIN.

This morning I was motivated out of bed by the need to get to the store to buy a soup mix that I could quickly make up for a funeral. There's a lady at church whose mother just died. I feel so awful for her. I am only an outsider to her world but from what I know of her, it just seems like this past year has just been awful for her. And now for her mother to die, my heart just goes out to her. I want to say something to her that tells her how I feel but it sounds so trite. So I just made soup for the funeral. It was the least I could do.

I got the soup cooked and ran it over to the church, visited with a friend, and then raced home to get my car parked under shelter just in time for the snowstorm to hit. I burrowed down. I like when I get to stay home when it's like that outside.

I got on my treadmill and watched as it blizzarded outside the window while I sweated inside.

The rest of my day was taken up with doing progress reports for the kiddos I work with at the schools. All their parents are probably wondering why they're late so I knew I had to get them done before I work tomorrow. I just procrastinated so bad on them...too busy getting various rooms in my house de-cluttered. Priorities!

Hit the hottub again tonight. SP loves "swimming" in it. It's nice when it's so cold to jump in that really warm water. I just love it! And now, I'm cuddled up in my "cozies" - that's family-jargon for pajamas. I'm contemplating a good book that just arrived in the mail. Not that I don't have about 5 other ones already in progress. Something about starting a NEW book.

Talk at you later!

1 backward glances:

Anonymous said...

Amy I figured it out I am not slow. Any way thanks for all that you do to helo me out I think you are awsome.The soup was great.