Thursday, January 24, 2008

Mission: Organization...check

So I conquered my "office" today. It's sort of my office, but sort of my scrapbook, sewing, and whatever else I love to do....room. But it's very full. I have nearly every nook and cranny taken up with something. And since it's the room where all my projects begin and end, there can be a lot of clutter there as projects pile up.

As of this morning there were about 50 projects unfinished all over the floor and I was having an organizational crisis. I did have shelves and bins and things but too many new projects were creating overflow that couldn't be contained.

I got a little busy today and managed it. I installed this awesome pegboard, re-arranged some bins and did a general declutter. It felt great - and I'm at peace. This view is 1/2 of the room; the other 1/2 is my computer desk & bookshelves. It's a very full room but it's cozy...just the way I love it.

8 backward glances:

Jessica said...

Loving that peg board, Amy!!

Amy said...

my room's not as pretty as yours but it's functional. i thought i got the pegboard idea from you!

Shelby said...

Wow, Amy, you are an inspiration! I wonder if I could ever be that organized? Maybe one day!

Gypsy at Heart said...

As Shelby said: Wow. May I double Wow Wow that?

kellypea said...

It looks amazing. Could you come over and get me organized, please? I'm thinking a little party with some appetizers and wine, and then people could help make things all pretty! I cook and serve, they organize. Hey! That could be a great reality TV show, huh?

Rachel said...

Someday I'm hoping for that room. It's perfectly Amy, so many things going on, yet organized perfectly, straight, cozy, labels on everything just so you can find things in a jiffy. Love it!

Amy said...

you guys are all funny! that's just the way it looks when i've cleaned up! yeah, it looks great now but wait until i get into a project! this room can be the biggest hurricane...in under a minute!

Pennies In My Pocket said...

Could you come help me now? LOL It looks great! Doesn't it feel so freeing to be all organized? Great job!

BTW, I saw your blog name on someone else's ... can't remember where...and I just LOVE it! So cute! I just had to click on over here to check it out. Great blog!

~melody~