Sunday, January 27, 2008

Not For Lack of Things Going On...

that's not the reason why I haven't posted in a few days. There's always PLENTY going on around this house. But honestly, I've just been more interested the past few days in reading other people's blogs than writing on my own. Go figure!

But let's see...what have I accomplished lately. Oh, did my office but you saw that... Had a girl's night out on Friday night with a whole bunch and we hit a restaurant in Salt Lake called Biagi's. I had the most amazing spinach salad that seriously has had me craving it ever since. We then hit a movie called "P.S., I Love You". I did not love this movie. I'm not a romance lover. I love a good chik flik but this one just did not do anything for me. However, in defense of it, ALL of the 9 other girls that I was with did love it. So there. I was far more interested in the FABULOUS Ben's Cookie (white chocolate) that tasted like ... well, let's just say it was a good night for food.

I spent the night last night at my sister's house. I took SP and my mom was there and we had a big sleepover. We went swimming at the rec center and then watched "The Last Mimzy" which was great for the kids. SP fell asleep on my lap at which time my mom said something like, "people look so different when they're asleep and when they're dead"...and then I couldn't get the thought out of my head about whether or not SP would look that way when she was dead. Thanks mom, for that pleasant and altogether morbid thought. It made me feel awful!

I'm home now. Missed church because I'm a sleepyhead. We were up too late. I'm going to spend my day wasting it in whatever way I feel like it. I've got some cookbooks to look through, change the water in the "new" fishtank (hey! the fish are looking a little better!), do some sewing, and have a generally slow-paced day. Sounds good to me!

2 backward glances:

Rachel said...

I'm with you on the PS. I love you. Not that I am a romantic, but I dread sappy movies about one of them dying and leaving notes for her to feel good about it after. A girls night out would have been divine.

Jessica said...

I love looking through cookbooks too!