Monday, January 14, 2008

My Music

My friend Rachel has asked me several times to burn her a playlist of my music. I think it's sort of funny because I have never considered myself to be especially astute in my music selection. But, I decided to do it.

I have a favorites Playlist on iTunes that I just copied for her. I didn't realize there were so many songs and I actually made her 5 CD's instead of just one, but I doubt she'll be upset.

While the songs were burning, I was looking at the songs I'd chosen and I started to wonder what she would think as she listened to all of these songs. Nearly all of them have been added to my "Fav's" list for a reason. Either they meant something to me at a particularly poignant time in my life, or they've just made me feel good for one reason or another. But songs never mean the same thing to another person so I just wonder how they'll be received, in a collection.

1 backward glances:

Rachel said...

YAH, YAH! I'm so excited and I just can't hide it.
It's because I love you that I love your music.
It's why every time I hear Black Eye Peas sing anything I think of Kelly Anne, she used to play it for the YW in her car and they thought she was cool for having their music on her iPOD.
Yes, music is personal, but it's also a bridge to memories and friendships. A reminder of people, places and times gone by.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU! I can't wait for the CDs!!!