Wednesday, January 16, 2008

American Idol


If you're not an American Idol fan, I feel sorry for you. Just kidding. But honestly people, there's more to that show than Simon!

Well, I personally love the show. I've been looking forward to this season for several months now. And it has arrived! Last night was the premiere. I forgot to TiVo it, but did for the 2nd half which was tonight. I had to TiVO it because DH doesn't love it. I had to wait until later when I could creep up to my room and watch it on my bedroom TV.

Sorry folks, but I'm going to do a week-by-week blow of what's happening. I'm going to "vote" on my blog and you can vote with me. We can even create our own American Idol with a poll or something. Right now we're just in auditions (which crack me up!).

So here's tonights thoughts (Dallas audition):
* hey chick (Jessica Brown): maybe not giving us the low-down on your heroine history wasn't such a political move! But you got in so maybe you know more than I do.

*Alaina: love her. LOVE her.

* of all the things some people can share about themselves, this guy gets up and talks about how he's never kissed a girl, and that his dad holds the heart (locket) for the girl he's going to marry, and he's got the key around his neck...Well, I'm just not a corny person so it just didn't work for me.

*did you not LOVE the Brittney Spear's impersonation? funny. (Katie's her name...got in)

***what is this? the season for unusual habits?*** they must have asked a question to everyone about what's the weirdest thing they do, or about them or something. I've never seen them do this before!

list of unusual habits or weird things:
*heroine addict
*never kissed a girl
*peels & collects his fingernails in a baggie (made it)

Do you ever wonder if some of the really bad auditions are planted or something? I mean, do people that awful REALLY think they can sing and why would they put themselves out there like that? I'm thinking it's a set-up - at least some of them!

That's all for today.


4 backward glances:

FriendinME said...

well, we share an addiction. This whole household watches AI... and we TiVo it too (it is the first on our "season pass" list).

Some of my observations-- Simon has developed a kinder and gentler approach this season. He has not been as caustic and has actually shown some heart.

The guy with the fingernails was creepy... "Temptress" is a very odd name for a girl... the final girl tonight was excellent... the sweaty guy who kept singing and talking to himself was weird... last night's stalker singer was very spooky... as was the guy who got his chest waxed. uggg.

Personally, in these early shows, I wish they would show fewer of the "weird" ones and more of the winners and people who came close to making it.

BUT... some good talent.

josey said...

AAAAIIIIIEEE!!! i cant believe i missed the premiere!! *GASP!* i, too, am a rabid AI fan. this just goes to show how OUT OF IT i've been in the last week or two. geesh!! i'm gonna have to find it online somewhere. ;)

hubby watches it with me; however he hates the auditions part. lol. i am starting to get a little bored with it just because, like friendinme said, it would be nice if they'd show more of the good ones.

anyhoo, i'm looking WAY forward to your weekly updates on it!! i'll be participating! hehe :D:D

Ellen said...

tony says that they do a pre-screening, and that they MUST let in some freakies to keep the show interesting. So the ones that are "just okay" they turn away, the ones that actually show promise, and the really, really bad ones, they let through to be on TV. Makes sense to me. Although I think it would give the bad ones a false sense of talent...but then, are there really THAT many deluded people out there who are so bad but think they are so good? I mean, I have NO fashion sense, but at least I know it!

Amy said...

FriendinMe: yes, I was going to say Simon was nicer but then I saw the Beautiful Disaster girl and I changed my mind. I'm excited for this season!

Josey: you're right, the auditions do get just a tad tiresome. i too would like to see more of the ones who get in to get a feel for what their auditions were like.

Ellen: I think Tony's right.And you have to wonder about the crazies though. You have WAY more fashion sense than some of these people.