Thursday, January 31, 2008

I Didn't Go to Charm School

So you all know may remember that my birthday was in mid-December. A few days later, some of my awesome girlfriends took me out to what turned out to be dinner & dessert at a fun little restaurant at the Gateway that has turned out to be "our spot"...sort of. Anyway, we had a great time as always. We laughed and ate and caught up.

It's always interesting to see where the conversation will go when we all get together. There were gifts. Everyone brought me a little something and I was so happy to have such good friends who would take time away from their families to spend time celebrating my birthday, not to mention bring me a gift.

Keep in mind that this happened about 6 weeks ago.

This post is more of a public apology as well as a note of appreciation than anything else. Most of those girls read my blog.

Girls, I hereby inform you I struggle with the basic tenants of etiquette. I try hard to send thank you notes and make sure all of my friends know how much I appreciate them. But it's likely that you've noticed a trend. My thank you notes are very inconsistent. It's not that you're not important to me, and that your gifts are not appreciated. They are. You are special to me.

Kelly: as I've mentioned to you, your gift sits on my kitchen counter and gets daily use. I've always wanted it but never have known it. Thanks for knowing me better than I know myself.

Carly: I'm saving your gift to go to B&N next week as a reward for keeping one of my New Year's Resolutions. I'm going to use it to buy a new cookbook. Thank you so much: I'll think of you each time I use it. Kelly's given me some good recommendations.

Katie: Where are you getting those? I keep looking everywhere! All I can say is that I'm glad that you gave me what you did instead of what you gave Carly! You'd have experienced Turtle-Amy.

Julie: Your gift gets daily use. I actually own the robe from VS that goes with them. SP loves to burrow up to me when I have the combo on. That was very sweet. Thank you.

Rachel: Sorry to make you read my blog. I'm addicted to the honeysuckle scent! It's a brand new one and all I had was the lotion although I wanted the whole set. Thank you!

I have lots more notes of appreciation to give and I know this is a total slacker way of expressing thanks but hey, that's me. I just want people to know I'm grateful. I'll address my Christmas gifts in another post. Thanks again girls. I'm so blessed to have friends who love me.

6 backward glances:

Unknown said...

Yep - you did it - you got me onto your blog - you are so cute! Loves, Rachel B.

Amy said...

lol - it's a first for sure but i'm honored!

Rachel said...

I'm glad the tradition carries on.. I hope I can be there for the next one. Or at least I'll phone in for the good conversation. Call me next time while you are all gathered just so I can feel like I'm there even if I'm not. Love ya all!

Amy said...

We missed you Rach! Seriously, it wasn't the same without you. However, do not fear - you were a topic of conversation!

Anonymous said...

I am sorry that I missed your birthday. So don't feel to bad it looks like I'm a slacker also. But I do think that you are a great gal. I am glad that you are in my circle. Have a great day.

Amy said...

we were sorry you weren't there too Heidi. but glad you're back!