Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Some People

So this morning I'm at the gym. It's like 10:00am, not really many people there. I throw my backpack into the locker room, and go work out. When I'm done, I need to get showered and stuff so I can head to work. Before I jump in the shower, I just chuck my backpack into one of those dressing stalls because I'm a prude and don't want 90 year old women checking me out (no, not really). Really, I just didn't want to have to handle all my dry work-clothes and stuff while I'm soaking wet (I'm a planner!)

I shower, and I'm turning the corner to go into the little dressing stall when I see this lady heading for my stall. She goes in, does a double-take because of course my bag's there. She picks it up and as I am walking up, she's actually starting to throw it out. She looks up at me and we have the following exchange:

"oh, is this yours?"
"yeah" she looks behind me
"were you just in the shower?"
"yeah"
"well, you're really not supposed to leave your bags in the dressing stall until you're ready to go in"
"i am ready to go in" i say over my shoulder as she stomps away

What are you, lady? The frickin' dressing stall Nazi? Some people! Go get your own stall! You just wish you'd reserved one. You know you were just trying to steal my super-cool rolling backpack, you freak.

8 backward glances:

Jessica said...

Ha, ha, ha!!!!

Barbara said...

LOL! You give it to her, girl!

Ellen said...

I can so hear you saying those last few lines. tee hee!

Amy said...

just make me mad enough! i try hard to keep it contained but sometimes someone does something that brings out the little devil in me.

kelly said...

If I am reading your post correctly, I think I am siding with the old lady.
I hope we can still be friends.

Anonymous said...

You are so funny, I can so see you saying that!

Rachel said...

And I can totally hear you saying to yourself You Freak! And meaning it. There really is nothing worse than the naked ladies walking through the locker room.

Amy said...

Kelly, could you please at least pretend to suck up? Seriously though, yes - I KNOW YOU'RE RIGHT! However, I'm a controlling ego-maniac and don't like being bossed around by people who just take it upon themselves to govern the "younger generation". gimme a break.