Friday, January 18, 2008

The Demise of My Bathroom

We've lived in our home for 2 years and in that time, we've done a lot to the interior, and to some extent, the exterior. I'm fortunate enough to have a very handy hubby.


When we moved in our home, all the rooms had different carpeting including the bathrooms (except 1), and every single room & wall needed an update.

We've (ha, he's) tackled nearly every room in the house now except for 2 of the bathrooms and a large room at the bottom of stairs.

For the past few months, I've known he's been gearing up for a project but I imagined it would be the room at the bottom of the stairs since he's got visions of a bar down there. I hinted I would like my bathroom (the master bath) re-done since it's the last room with original carpeting in it (except for the bottom of the stairs) and by far, the grossest room in the house left. But I really thought that bathroom would be last on the totem-pole of "fun" projects.

But I was in for a big surprise when demo started unexpectedly today on my shower. My pink shower. My pink shower in a room with green carpet and Nursing Home wallpaper border around the pink ceiling (seriously guys, that border was in a nursing home I worked at a few years ago!)

I'm so excited! I am now browsing for ideas on what to do with the room. I would have already had it worked out but I thought demo was still 6 months away!

Here's some then & now pics (can you even get over how small & narrow this bathroom is - it's torture!).

3 backward glances:

Gypsy at Heart said...

Agree with you. That green carpet has GOT TO GO. I can't wait to see what you come up with. Will look at some of my magazines (I collect design magazines) for ideas. Get back to you on this.

Amy said...

after the first shower i took at this house, it got all humid in there and a certain aroma started wafting around and i about threw up because it was the smell of the prior-owner's (lady) perfume which i recognized since it was a sale-by-owner deal. in a room like the bathroom where cleanliness and sanitation can not be over-rated, you just don't want even the hint of someone you don't know anywhere around you. And that it was coming from the carpet made it all the worse - what else was down there just waiting to rear its ugly head? ick, ick, icky

Amy said...

Gypsy: o, btw thanks for your ideas whatever you might find. i have about 24 hours to make up my mind since he'll finish demo tomorrow afternoon and i don't wnat to give him a reason to lose his steam. i'm headed to the library to get a couple books i've checked out on the subject to spur my imagination.