Wednesday, January 9, 2008

This Book I'm Reading

I'm in the middle of reading this book about a woman who, while babysitting a friend's children, accidentally allows a 2-year old child to wander off to the pond on her property and drown. It goes through the emotional roller-coaster she's on, and then goes to the husband's voice and how he deals with it too.

I had a little girl over here today to play with SP and the whole time, I was so worried that something might happen to her while she was in my care. Can you even imagine what that would be like? I can hardly think of anything worse - except possibly your own child dying accidentally while in your care. Sort of put me on high alert today.

4 backward glances:

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

That would be HORRIBLE! WHat is the name or the author and book titjhacjxle?

Shelby said...

yea, what's it called?

Amy said...

I was going to save this priveleged information (lol) for another post but who cares, right? It's called "A Map of the World" but I've forgotten who wrote it and I've downloaded it into iTunes without noting the author. It's a long book, very verbose. But I'm enjoying the stroll through complicated emotions, which I always find interesting - and that shouldn't suprise DH at all! I'll talk more about it in that other post :)

Anonymous said...

A book like this would scare the grits outta me. The thought of such a travesty is a lot to soak in even more so since my girlfriend has a little girl whom I am extremely close to. I would be torn apart if something happened to her. Fortunately her mom is watching every move she makes, so her safety is priority as you would imagine.

P.S.-I am reading a book by Bill O'Reilly. Many people are not a fan of this guy, but his book is very enlightening.

Marcus LANGFORD