Wednesday, December 19, 2007

My Birthday

Yesterday was my birthday. Yes, I'm a December baby. I like having the 18th as my birthday because it's always exactly a week before Christmas. And since so many people attempt to commiserate with me for being a Christmas child, I'll share with you why I don't feel bad for myself at all:

Being a Christmas baby means that:

1) festivity is already in the air, so it spills over into my birthday celebration
2) I'm already in a happy, partying mood
3) I see most of my friends in December because of Christmas, so it's like an extra birthday present too
4) since our first Christmas together, DH has been overly generous with me for both birthday and Christmas which means it's always extra-fun (and probably extra-hard for him)
5) there's too much going on in December to dwell on the fact that I'm one year older
6) after one whopping big mistake when i was about 8, my parents tried extra hard to make sure my birthday was very separate from Christmas, and very special
7) it's easier for me to remember Christ's birthday with mine being so close to His

Thanks to all my friends who sent me birthday wishes!

12 backward glances:

Andrew said...

Well a big fat honkin' Happy 21st Birthday to ya, Amy!!! ;)

josey said...

you have such a great, positive attitude! i have NEVER heard anyone say such great things about having a birthday in december. YAY YOU! hope it was a super fun day! =)

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday sweet Amy!! : )

Rachel said...

Oh Amy Happy B-Day, I wish I could share some Toll House Pie with you or some other delicious desert at The Do Do, but that would probably kill your count for the day, so digital wishes may be just as good!
Happy One Year Anniversary coming up this week as well. I'm so very proud of you for taking the hard steps towards eternal happiness :)

FriendinME said...

Happy Belated Birthday.

Come January I'd like to read a post from you on the down-side of having a birthday so close to Christmas. :)

Hope you had a great day.

Andrew said...

Amy, I forgot to mention. My mom's birthday is in December too. It's on December 24 in fact! You can only get about 1 day closer to Christmas than that! It never bothered her, though... probably because we're Jewish. Heh.

Jay said...

i missed you birthday!
happy late birthday!!

Shelby said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMY! It sounds like you had a great one, you deserve it!

Mrs Furious said...

Happy Happy!

Tish said...

Happy belated birthday! And merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Happy Late Bday! I was so wrapped up in getting everything ready to take the fam. on a Christmas trip that I didn't even check the Birthdays in the Grapevine. Sorry, I'm a slacker friend. I'll have to make it up to you when we get home and bring you something yummy!

Amy said...

thanks everybody! i had a great birthday, and it sort of went on for several days! DH pampered me and took me out for sushi that night (i love sushi!!!), and then shopping (on a weeknight - it's unheard of!) then a few nights later, i had a great outing with some awesome friends. and then all of these well-wishers. it's so great!