Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas Re-cap

I've noticed that I'm not the only blogger who has slacked off a little bit around Christmas. Sorry. Things have been just a tad crazy. But here's a re-cap of the past couple of days around my house.

Here is 2 of the 8 morning visitors to our backyard Christmas eve morning. We found them eating from our leftover garden, and bedding down beneath a big tree. I'm glad they've found refuge. We live on the side of a mountain and get lots of visitors down the mountain this time of year, but this is the first year we've seen them in our own backyard.

I was out done by DH in a snowman competition I didn't know about, lol. His is about 3x the size of mine from the other day (compare here). He used spray paint for the mouth, don't you love it? Now THAT'S snowman!
so sweet...cuddling with her snowman...
I started a new Christmas eve tradition with SP to do an annual gingerbread house. This one was a pre-packaged type and it was perfect for a 3 year old. She was very maticulous in how the candies went on. I have a feeling we're going to make some very amazing houses as the years go by.
After 20 years or so of doing these houses, I'm going to make a book of all the houses, and pictures over the years. This is the first one....

This is what I got for Christmas from DH. It's exactly what I wanted - the professional model of the deluxe Kitchenaid mixer. I've had my old one (in the background) for 14 years and I'm ready to move on. It's for sale if anyone's interested. Somebody loves me.

Merry Christmas to all of you!

8 backward glances:

Jessica said...

1. I am jealous of the snow you have received! We have not had one snow storm yet in Arkansas! Ughhh...

2. The gingerbread house is divine!!

3. I want your mixer!!

Rachel said...

I love the idea of the gingerbread homes for Christmas Eve, what a perfect tradition!

I'm also so jealous of the snow, it's just not Christmas when it is 65 degrees outside!

josey said...

hey...i might be interested in your retired mixer!!! drop me an email. hehe. :)

thanks for sharing your pix. i LOVE the snowmen!!! it just hasnt been the right kinda snow at the right time for one here yet...:)

Amy said...

I'm sorry none of you have snow...or good snow! We've already had SO much! In fact, it snowed again today nearly all day - just lightly.

FriendinME said...

Nice pictures. Your daughter is a cutie.

The picture of the deer reminded me of the morning (around Christmas last year) when my mother-in-law looked our our back window and said, "Oh Steve, look at the deer (plural) coming out of the woods."

Deer are not unusual around here... but when I looked, I had to tell her the truth. "Um, Mom... those are turkeys."

(How she got them confused, I don't know.)

Anyhow, there IS snow in Maine... with more on the way today. Glad you had a good Christmas.

Amy said...

lol. i often get turkeys and deer confused too!

Nan said...

Good lord!! Do you still have your old mixer for sale?! I so want it. But I fear the shipping might do me in even if you did still have it! :^(

Nan said...

Oh, and I should add that I have plenty of snow and am not even the slightest bit jealous! LOL :^D