Sunday, December 9, 2007

Enlisting Help...HELP!

I’m getting a relatively good readership to this blog, especially considering it’s only been around since May 2007. I’d like to thank my loyal readers for giving me the motivation to continue nearly daily posting. I think I only missed a few days in November and I didn’t even do that post-every-day-for-a-month thingie.

To the point…Although I am not as heavy as I was this time last year, thank goodness,the fairly significant weight loss I experienced this past spring has crept back on, hence the fact that I hate looking in the mirror…again. Not only that but I have not had the motivation to work out regularly for a couple of months and that just isn't acceptable to me anymore. Keeping fit and running were getting to be pretty important to me. I can only attritute sheer laziness to my end result (25 lbs. of extra weight, breathing heavy carrying SP for 100 yards, tight muscles, poor self-discipline).

So blog audience, I’m going to use you. Can I use you? May I enlist your support? I think that if I have an audience tracking my pathetic, I mean daily attempts at getting healthier (a far “healthier” goal than, “I’m gunna drop down to practically nuthin’”), I’ll feel more accountable.

I’m going to create a small & separate blog that will be linked to this one. It will be my Health Tracking blog where I will document all of my activities relating to getting back in shape, losing weight, attitudes, whatever. Mrs. Furious has motivated me…she’s got the right idea and she did some of this through her blog, has great widgets and I’m excited to try it too.

Will you help me?

7 backward glances:

Jessica said...

You betcha!! : )

josey said...

of course you know i will! :)

ive considered one of those mini-blogs, too. part of the reason i havent is just because until i moved from Yahoo 360 to my own domain a few months ago, that's all i ever blogged about anyway. that's what i intended to keep it as; however the NaBloPoMo kinda forced me to start yacking about other stuff.

i was just thinking the other day how i needed to get back on that track--so, i'd be more than glad to help keep you accountable and feel free to do the same for me!

GO YOU! =D

FriendinME said...

One thing that encourages me to keep running is thinking of it as an investment in my my future and my family.

I run every-other-day. There have been MANY MANY times I have wanted to stay inside. But... that mind-set really has helped me get to it.

I have been "running away from Fresno" for more than 10 years now. (the 3-letter airport code for Fresno, CA is FAT.)

So, for whatever its worth, I'll help you not become a resident of Fresno... because it is important. :)

Steve said...

I'll help if I can. :) As someone who dropped from 220 to a steady 185, and am looking to drop another 15 lbs over the next few months, maybe we can help each other!

DaVinci said...

Count me in.
Here is a start and perhaps it might save you some anguish too.
This link will take you to Richard Muller's page. He teaches physics at UC Berkeley, and the article is called 'The Physics of Gluttony'. I think when you read it you'll understand how easy it can be to loose weight and keep it off.
http://muller.lbl.gov/

Amy said...

thanks everyone!

kellypea said...

Wow -- I'll have to check out your progress. I started something like this back in March, and although I got off to a great start food wise, didn't keep with it. I was better at the exercise, but only accomplished a small loss. More toned, and better stamina are great consolations for the effort.

And I have another blog, too. I am very good about writing there daily. Unfortunately, my food blog gets lost in the shuffle.