Wednesday, September 19, 2007

What's Up in My World

Today was a blissful day. For the most part, it stayed a cool 75'ish degrees, with a pleasant breeze (okay wind) that was almost a little blustery if it wasn't too warm for "bluster". I loved it. I got out a sweater, and wore it all day thinking of soup & rolls for dinner, especially after I talked to my sister Ellen and she was making one of my fav's: split pea soup & rolls.

I ended up buying a rotisserie chicken, store-made potato rolls & steamed broccoli for dinner but at least the thought of comfort soup was there.

I actually have been getting up early for the past few weeks to run, and it has changed my entire outlook on life! I hate myself when I sleep in until 9 because by the time I get myself & the kiddo dressed & "ready" it's like 11:00 and then what's the point...go back to bed. Well, that's an exaggeration, but I really do feel useless when I sleep in that long.

Today, other than Nat's dance lesson, I had nothing on the docket for a change. What a liberating feeling! I ran a few random errands, went to Costco with my other sister, Renee and then came home to watch Monster House & Blades of Glory while I finished some projects I've had on the back burner for a week or two. I don't often let myself do crafty projects in the middle of the day, not to mention watch movies so to do both was SO MUCH FUN!

Tomorrow morning, Courtney and I are going swimming at the rec center. We actually tried to go Tuesday morning, got over there at 5:00 AM, and there was this big sign that said, "POOL CLOSED DUE TO RESURFACING".

WTH? Didn't this pool just open in February? Why in the world does it already need resurfacing? Puh leeze! That was a little disappointing.

So that's an update in my world. Hope all's well in yours!

Here's my projects:


3 backward glances:

Loretta @ Stitching the Night Away said...

I love your halloween sign! Very cute.

Rachel said...

Amy, seriously, can I fly you down here to just do my whole Super Saturday! That is sooo cute. I can't get anyone to offer up anything here. I love it!

Jessica said...

How stinkin' cute! May I copy????