Monday, September 10, 2007

7th Book - Here I Come!

I'll admit it. I make fun of Trekkies and silly Harry Potter fans that camp out all night to see the next movie or buy the next book. Can someone explain the lure?

On the other hand, in preparation for a new Harry Potter book, I obsessively re-read all previous books with over-the-top frenzy. And I KNOW I'm not the only one. It's like we're a little club of Harry Potter re-readers. I've proably read Harry Potter more times than any other book (even Ride the Wind).

This time, I procured all of the books on CD and have had a mahvelous time listening to them all for a month (except for Book 7). Now I don't normally believe in the mantra "it can't hurt to ask" (most people are too nice to say no, and so give grudgingly if their heart's not in it), in this case I COULD NOT resist. And this kind soul was so gracious I wanted to cry in gratitude! I plan to do something nice for this awesome lady who so willingly handed me two huge CD cases full of Harry Potter books!

Well, yesterday I finally finished listening to Book 6, as I painted baseboards in my basement hallway. So now, on to Book 7! (i'm screaming like a silly girl inside) I've been so careful to avoid Harry Potter conversations, websites and anything else that would spoil it for me. The book's been out now for 2 months or something and I'm giddy, now that I'm ready for it!

5 backward glances:

Anonymous said...

You're gonna love it! JK Rowling is a genius!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you can paint and listen at the same time? Impressive.

Jessica said...

How exciting!!! You know, as a Language and Reading teacher, I see it all, and you are so right- you are not the only one! The Potter books are so addictive and fun! Are the books on tape good? I always wondered if the narrator's voice got tiring after awhile.

Rachel said...

Enjoy the 7th, don't rush it, drink it in. JK answers the questions and finishes the series nicely.
It's a good ending to a wonderful series of stories...

Anonymous said...

I totally did the same thing, fingers in my ears - dodging all the well meaning people who had already devoured the book and wanted to entice me with "just a bit" of the knowledge the "Deathly Hollows" had to offer.