Saturday, September 8, 2007

I Feel Sorry for Women

Have you ever had a "friend" who for no apparent reason, stopped talking to you? Like they suddenly disappeared off the planet leaving you no explanation for their vacancy?

um, that's wierd right?

You'd never see a guy doing that.....what's up with that?

I've had a couple of friends do that to me in my lifetime. Isn't it sort of funny how passive they are? I mean, what a waste. How the relationships those people have will probably always be that really superficial type, because when it gets a little rough, they aren't "man" enough to suck it up and confront you about whatever it is that pisses them off.

What bugs me the worst is that I'm a woman too, and someone in my life probably wonders if our relationship will ever end up like that. Well, lemme tell ya - it won't be because of me.

I have 1 thing to say to those "friends" of mine: NOTHING GOOD EVER CAME EASY

Oops, I guess I have one more thing to say. I am grateful to have a bit of contention at times with my friends. It eases the anxiety that someone will desert you when it gets rough because you've been there a little already, AND you get to see a whole new facet to your friend's personality.

For example: I LOVE arguing with Katie. She is hilarious and I trust her. I know the disagreements end with the last word and the subject gets changed. WE'RE STILL FRIENDS! IT'S TRULY AMAZING!

Anyway, that's my verbal gush for the day. Take it for what it is.

6 backward glances:

kelly said...

I love to listen to you argue with Katie! It's never mean, but highly entertaining.
Katie should be a lawyer or have her own radio talk show.

peaknits said...

Thanks for coming by my blog:)This post hit home for me too - sometimes I've been the one to walk away - not without warning, sometimes too much drama is just not worth it - I get tired of being an unpaid therapist....contantly. BUT I do believe in fighting for friendships that matter - and think my closest friend can be so honest with me and we can banter - but we still love each other.:)

Ute said...

It's funny that you post this right now... as this is exactly what is happening to me with a friend that I considered my very best friend. No warning, no fight, nothing. I called and left messages. I sent an e-mail asking what's going on. I said to her things changed between us and I'd like to know why. She just said, yes, things have changed. I'm still her good friend, but we're moving in different directions, so let's just wait and see. We can still go out with our group of friends. I was really dumbfounded... and since then she has not talked to me. I even sent a message, because we still have one of her daughter's dolls, that I wanted to drop off and asked when she was going to be home. No answer. No more phone calls... nothing. This is the same person who three months ago was my best friend who said we were joined at the hip. I'm deeply hurt and don't understand. I realize that friends come and go... but this hit me when I least expected it. :(

Rachel said...

OK, so my question is.. several years ago I did leave a friend "hanging" she weirded me out and my husband that she was a bad influence. While I completely agree that true friendship sticks with you thick and thin, there are times when you have to let friends go for your own sanity and the sake of your family. I think this was a topic of one of our runs once :)
I'm just grateful that you gals have hung onto me even several hundred miles away.

Unknown said...

So do I argue a lot with people or what? I hope not- I know I am way too opinionated! But you are right- I can't even recall an argument we've had. I value our friendship and one thing I like is that we have different views to learn from:)
Katie

Anonymous said...

That's tee trouble with being a woman, we're too hard to be friends with. We're competitive and territorial and every other darn thing. Women suck just as much men but in different and more creative ways. Guys are way easier to be friends with! LOL