Tuesday, September 4, 2007

At Least I Have a Tahoe

So...not such a great day if you consider that as a result of the *&^%$#@ construction on my street, it caused me to get in a crash right in front of my house!

You wouldn't know by looking at my Tahoe that I'd been in a crash, which is the good thing about owning a humongous SUV. I could have driven over the poor fellow's car and hardly gotten a scratch. The poor fellow, none other than..... Dr. Ben Betteridge - on his way to work. Yes my friends - the husband of a good friend who only lives 4 houses down. Nice Amy, just great.

Unfortunately for him (and now me since I'm quite sure it was my fault), his poor little Honda Accord is in dire shape. He needs a new rear door & fender and I'm sure it's going to cost us a chunk. It's foreign!

Let me just say the nice doctor was so pleasant which was fantastic considering the verbal lashing I was going to give him until I realized who he was (wasn't I just talking about the treatment we give to strangers vs. those we actually know????) That very thought went through my mind as I saw him get out of his car. "Shoot," I thought - "now I have to be nice!"

2 backward glances:

Rachel said...

Oh no!

Janet Ollman (Dr. JO) said...

That's really funny, Amy-your comment about "Shoot--now I have to be nice!" I roared with laughter. How often have we ALL been in that same position? I'm sorry about your accident. It really CAN ruin your day, can't it? Glad you're OK and that your car is still just fine. Isn't it funny that you could drive all those miles to Idaho on your recent trip and remain unscathed, but step outside your own front door and wham!?