Thursday, September 20, 2007

A Mother's Perspective

When I was a brand new mother, still nursing this sweet little girl, I was the only person on the planet who reguarly saw my baby in this position. I'd look down on her and see her eyes and cheek and know I had a wonderful priveledge to see her this way as I held her to me. I knew I'd never forget how she looked but I was afraid as she grew, she'd lose that look and I'd never see it again. So, last night as she lay on the floor next to my office chair, I looked down and there it was! I had missed that look for too long so I captured it and now I have it forever. Although she's much bigger now, the way she looks, the side of her face as she looks forward, remains the same as the 2 month old baby I held in my arms so frequently. It's like I captured a little of her essence.

2 backward glances:

Rachel said...

It's amazing that they retain those innocent looks they had when they were so small. It's one of God's little gifts to mothers, something we can hold in our hearts just to remember them being so small when they were so close. I'm glad you captured the photo, it will always remind you of that moment as a new mom.

Anonymous said...

Being a dad, I can't completely relate as I'll never have that close a bonding perspective. But I do know what you mean, Amy I can remember looking down and seeing my boys' big blue eyes staring up at me while they were getting some "mommy time." Awesome that you re-captured it in a photo now.

Oh, and you've just been awarded the Best Kept Secret award over at my humble blog. Congrats!