Friday, September 21, 2007

Blogging Awards

I've seen these awards floating around the blogosphere - someone gets the "You Make Me Smile", another person gets a "Funniest Blog in the Universe" award. I don't know where the original award comes from, nor what qualifies a person to get such an award and perhaps it's a e-pat.on.the.back.


My blog got an award this morning too. It's my very first one and I have to say I am rather flattered by the description. This award was giving to me by Andrew, of "Everyone Loves Coupons".The award, obviously, is the "Best Kept Secret" award. It's a nice award, so thanks Andrew!

I went to his blog personally to thank him, and I found the following description associated with my blog and why I received this award. I will share...

"Amy from You are a Fly - I haven’t been reading Amy’s blog too long and she may not actually be much of a secret, but you can sum her and her blog up in one word: sweet. I dare you to read one of her posts without feeling like you’ve just stepped into a very special episode of “Little House on the Prairie.” (And that’s meant as a compliment by the way…)"

Now many people might be offended to be compared or used in a sentence about "Little House on the Prairie". But I'm not and I'll tell you why (this is pretty much what I said to Andrew too).

The world is fully of ugly & yucky things to contaminate our minds & bodies with. It has a lot to do with beliefs & faith but I'd rather keep my mind and my life more on the innocent side. I brush over a lot of ugly stuff so as to stay in my rose-colored world. I mentioned to Andrew that I am flattered that he gleaned that from just reading my blog. I definately have had some terrible things happen to me in my life but most of that is over and turning over a new leaf is an invigorating and uplifting feeling. I'm so happy my life is the way it is now and that the aura I give off, even through my blog, is one of a more tranquil time. Thanks again Andrew.

I almost forgot - I'm supposed to share the love and pass along the award to 3 other secret bloggers. So, I've chosen the following:

Kelly - of Life and Times, is a good friend of mine and not as secret as I am even. Kelly is a fabulous cook, a great mom, and a fabulous blogger. Reading her blog is similar to picking up your favorite edition of BH&G or Martha Stewart's Living.

Jessica - of Jessica McCash has become a blogger friend of late. I read her daily because her posts are young, fresh, domestic and also sweet. I don't know her personally but her blogs give me the impression that there's more than meets the eye with this girl!

Jamie - of Fab Five is the good friend of one of my good friends, Katie. I love reading Jamie's blog because she is absolutely hysterical! I find myself in stitches nearly every post! Even with some of the most mundane things in her day, she manages to twist it into the most hilarious story that most moms, wives, whatever can relate with at some level.

Rules girls is that you have to send along the award to 3 others...or not.

9 backward glances:

Anonymous said...

Awww. You're quite welcome, Amy. And I didn't even realize this was your first ever award! That makes it even more of a best kept secret, doesn't it? :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats Amy! I agree with every word.

Jamie and Family said...

Hi Amy! Well I have to say a big Thanks for the "best kept secret" award! You are too kind!!!

Rachel said...

I agree whole hearted with the award, Amy truly is the best keep secret. I am constantly amazed in your depth and inspiration.
I love being a fly on your wall!

Jessica said...

Amy! Congrats on your award! Also, thank you for thinking of me and awarding me in return. I am so glad you have been enjoying my posts about life in Arkansas. : ) So glad we are new blogging friends!

Steve said...

Congrats!! It seems well deserved. I'm finding lots of great blogs lately. Take care.

Ute said...

Yay! Congratulations, Amy. I'm happy for you, and I can very much appreciate what Andrew says about your blog. I completely agree with him... and I really like to read your posts... and I LOVE your changing avatar.

Amy said...

thanks everybody!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your award, Amy! :)