Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I "Just" Made Spaghetti

I'm racking my pea-brain but can't recall where I read this little thing the other day about how you know when someone TRULY cares for you. You can tell because they are concerned with how you sleep, and how you eat! I think I read it on someone's blog and it touched my little heart.

When you're sick, isn't it like a little beautifully packaged Christmas present when someone hands you a steaming bowl of your fav soup? Or when you're super busy and dying of hunger but can't break - and your significant other makes you a perfect, little sandwich?

Making someone a meal is one of the most special things you can do for someone else to show them that you love them! And when I JUST cook spaghetti for my family (it's the "Standby Meal"), it doesn't mean that I love them any less. It just means, I'm busy too, but not too busy to give you this big bowl of love with meatballs on top!

5 backward glances:

Jessica said...

That is so funny you posted this b/c we were just talking about this in our Bible Study group Sunday. You are right though- giving of your time is the best way to show you love and care about a friend.

Shelby said...

I LOVE your new look!!! Kudos.

kelly said...

Love the new theme. Was it free? Is it possible that such a completely "acceptable" blog theme was free?
It is very you, though.

Just remember:
A new, unusable wordpress blog...$55
The perpetual server space now needed...$72 (a year)
A night spent laughing with a good friend...priceless

Anonymous said...

I must agree, love the new look!

Jessica said...

Okay, so now I want to see pictures of your craft space! : )We can swap organization tips!