Wednesday, September 5, 2007

A Little Something for Me

Talk about a grouch today! I don't know what's going on, but I seem to be furious with everything. In the Target parking lot, it was everything I could do to not intentially cram my door into the side of the van parked next to me (i was provoked, i assure you). I decided not to do that (hmmm, what would Big-J do?) Instead, I decided I needed a little "me" time.

I've never gotten a pedicure before and I decided it was high time I did. Wow! Ladies (to all the ladies), if you've never done this, I recommend it highly. How did I get to 33 1/2 and never have one before?

I sat in this great massage chair that was so awesome while the lady rubbed & massaged my feet, and made my woebegone toenails look so pretty! Meanwhile, another lady waxed my eyebrows, a task I normally put off then do myself with sometimes drastic results. It was wonderful!

Otherwise, took the Tahoe in for an estimate on bumper damage since there really is damage that needs fixed because it's a lease, and that was not good news. I have yet to find out what the Betteridge's car will need. Todd's partner owns a body shop so at least that's positive, and we won't get gauged too badly.

Had our 2nd dance lesson today which I think went better since I used the reward system, and I didn't stay with her during the lesson. I won't enlist gifts each time since that's a bad habit but I think it worked well this time. She's been dying for this Little People farm thingamajig which was a little pricey and I wanted to save it for a quid pro quo moment. It's good to always have a toy heating up on the back burner!

I have run 2 days now with Courtney and she's a great partner and I think she will challenge me although right now, she's just being patient with me while I try to get back in shape. Today we only went about 2 1/2 miles but hopefully by the end of the month, we'll be up to 4 which will be super! I'm so excited! Plus, we get along really well; have lots in common and lots to talk about. The best thing I like about her is that she's a talker too and will gladly fill in the empty spaces, much in the way I so appreciated Rachel for. So great!

Finally, found a very nice little blog Phat Mommy last night I wanted to share.

5 backward glances:

Unknown said...

So sorry with what you've had to deal with! I love pedicures too. They are the best. You really deserve R&R once in a while- don't forget that.

Ute said...

Amy, thanks so much for checking out my blog. :)
And yes, pedicures are the best. I used to be an aesthetician and during school I would get them every day. It was awesome. If you ever get a chance, you should try reflexology. No pretty nails, but one heck of a great massage.

Anonymous said...

Amy, I wouldn't be able to do your toenails as nicely, or wax your eyebrows, but I could give you one of the best foot rubs that you've ever had in your life if you'd just come over and let me!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I just noticed that your friend recommended reflexology. That's what I do--how about making an appointment with me?

Rachel said...

Love the TOES! And I am glad you found a talker. I'm the listener now, and personally I like the talker side better. You have more patience than I do. So glad your back to running! Thank you for starting me on such a great routine :)