Friday, September 14, 2007

Changes

I found out Tuesday that the hospital I work at is going through some changes and won't be needing me to work as much until the Spring so they are releasing me to the wide open world! I'll still do evenings there but I called up the school district where I worked the past couple of years and I'll be going back there which is great! I really love working with the kids and teachers. I'll be sad to not be at the hospital as I love working there but it's only temporary and then I'll go back when school's out again, I think.

While I'm writing, I have to send a huge shout out against all Maytag appliances made in the past 5 years, which basically encompasses every major appliance I own! I have Neptune washer/dryer, microwave, double oven & dishwasher. I guess I don't have a Maytag fridge, it's LG and has been no trouble. However, in the short time (less than 3 years for the Neptunes) and less than 2 years for everything else, I've had to completely replace the washer once, and it's control panel twice. And even after all that, it's still on the blink. And, I've had the dishwasher serviced 3x now. No trouble yet from the microwave & oven yet but it's only a matter of time. The repairman knows me by name now and he visits frequently. I only wish I'd gotten the extended warrantly on all of them. I know people generally LOVE Maytag, but the repairman told me that there was a period of time when Maytag, as a company, was in trouble so Samsung was making all their crap - and that's a literal term. They recently got bought out and things are much better, he said. Now I find out!

2 backward glances:

Carly said...

That stinks! When I was buying my washer/dryer a few months back they told me maytag was bought out by whirlpool or vise versa. My washer/dryer are LG and I love them. Thanks for the head up I will remember that in the future when I am shopping for appliances.

Childsplayx2 said...

So the Maytag repairman IS busy, huh? There's no truth in advertising anymore.

BTW, my wife is PT who works at a school (but is employed by our county). She loves working with those kids too.