Thursday, November 29, 2007

The Everything Post

You know that list you keep next to your computer, or bed, or in your car or wherever it is that you write your blog ideas? Mine's scattered around the house and eventualy it comes to sit next to my keyboard. Well, mine's getting a little long which is bad considering I really never run out of things to blog about (does that say something about my verbosity - is that even a word, I know I've used it before lol).

So, I'm going to throw a few posts into one and get it out there...

My good friend Katie unexpectedly had her baby last Monday. Unexpectedly because she was planning to be induced the day after Thanksgiving but she went into labor a little early. His name is Luka and he was so tiny and precious. I felt like I was holding a loaf of bread instead of a baby. I promptly displayed my love for her and her family two days later by forgetting to take them dinner after I'd told them I would. 5:30, I'm sitting at Village Inn and the phone rings. Oops. I know she forgave me but what an idiot I am! Anyway, a public "Congratulations" Katie and family! I'm so happy for you!

What's this about babies? My little sister Ellen-Melon is having another baby! Oh yeah, she's the sister that also has a 6 month old, and a 2 year old. She'll have "3 under 3". Oh. My. I managed to croak "Congratulations", my mind spinning at the thought, but if anyone has the temperment to handle 3 toddlers, it would be her....not me. So that's happy news! Somewhat unexpected, she doesn't even know how far along she is! They're happy!


Aren't they Cute?

And, nearly 2 weeks ago, I was presented with the I've Got a Friend in You award by my blogging friend Tish at The Kat House. Thanks Tish!

I would like to pass this on to Ute, who although has polar opposite beliefs than me, is nonetheless a good friend because she doesn't let it get in the way. I like that a lot. She recently went to Germany for a month and I missed her while she was gone, and I'm glad to see her face on my blog again :).

I'd also like to pass this award along to FriendinMe, which stands for Friend in Maine, just as a little clarification that he has made himself from time to time. I don't know much about him because his blog isn't that type (like mine, all about me, me, me) but I visit it regularly for a laugh, and he's one of my more regular visitors...and commentators. I've come to look forward to his comments, because that's how I'm getting to know him. The blog world is a funny and great place!

If anyone's wondering why I put a dysfunctional link under a picture of the award instead of a link with the picture, it's because I'm stupid and I don't know how. There. There it is. It's out.

I'm working on my Christmas list in response to a tag from Jessica, another good blogging friend. Check out her extensive list of what she wants from Santa. I'm doing this, it's just taking me some time to compile the list and pics. It's harder than I thought.


I also wanted to tell you about a great website I found while lurking on Spilt Milk. There's a link to a site called Free Rice. When you go to this site, you play a vocabulary game where you guess the meaning of a difficult vocabulary word. Each correct guess earns you 20 grains of rice that are donated to a variety of countries in need such as Ecuador, Nepal, Cambodia, Sri Lanka, and the Phillipines. In a short time, I earned over 3,000 grains (about a bowl of rice). It's fun because it tests your knowledge of vocabulary and increases its challenge depending on how well you do. Try it out!

8 backward glances:

Jessica said...

Looking forward to your list!

Tish said...

You're welcome for the award, Amy! There's another waiting for you on my blog. :)

Unknown said...

You are so funny! Seriously no big deal. The rolls made up for it (and the cold stone ice-cream mmmmmmm)

FriendinME said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
FriendinME said...

Well, thanks! I appreciate the nice words and the award. I'm glad you like my blog and even the wordy comments I leave here. :)

I enjoy reading your blog, too. I find it interesting and honest. It is one of the few that I read consistently. (I always read your RSS feed, but often end up coming to the site to leave comments and see if your avatar really fits your post).

Now, if you tell me how to pick up my award, I'd be honored to post it on my site.

Geezzzz. This is my first blog award.

First, I'd like to thank my dad, for making me take typing in high school when it was a very uncool thing to do.

I'd like thank the Kaypro salesman who sold me my first computer and Comcast, my Internet provider...

(seriously, thanks Amy!)

kellypea said...

I love "verbosity" and I don't care if it's a word. Thanks for the tip on the rice/vocab thing. How cool is that?

Oh -- great blog. I think I found you at the laidback buddhist...

Ute said...

Amy, this is the nicest thing that has happened to me on the internet. Thank you. :) I'm always happy to visit your blog.

Oh, and congratulations on becoming an aunt again. Your sister is going to have a lot on her hands with 3 under 3. She'll need nerves of steel.

Ellen said...

you're so sweet. i have my first dr. appointment on wed, and we'll hopefully find out how far along i am. every once in a while i think i'm not pregnant and I'll take another cheap preg test. it still comes up positive! at least my kids are good...and FREAKING ADORABLE! (but you know all about that cuz yours is too. :)