Saturday, November 24, 2007

Re-cap of Thanksgiving & Black Friday

Yeah! My turkey was delicious! It was done at 2pm, perfect timing. Just enough time to cool and carve and the brining, well let me just say there was not much turkey left over for sandwiches. It was spectacular! Even the white meat was juicy!


The Lord has blessed us with the opportunity to have so much, it's wonderful to have a day to spend with our families, and give thanks for all we have. Even without all the material possessions (of which I have too much), I have more than I deserve.

My sisters and I stayed up until 1:30 am planning our Black Friday strategy...it required intense concentration! There were lots of good deals to be had and we seriously had it all out on paper...where we were going to go, and when, who was going to go to what departments to get what. It was so organized!

Three hours of sleep later, we arrive at ShopKo where my sisters dropped me. They headed to Toys R Us for some other fantastic dealio. However...Toys R Us really sucks!
They advertised that they had a Zune on sale for some outrageous price and it attracted about a million shoppers who congragated for the 5am open. There were...nine...of the Zunes available. While Toys R Us had legally mentioned they had limited quantities available, they failed to mention they had less than ten! What BS! Needless to say, there was a lot of pushing, shoving, shouting, and other mayhem. My sisters gave up and joined me at ShopKo where the lines were equally as horendous! I stood in line 5x longer than it took to grab my stuff...but I got great deals!

From there, we hit WalMart, SuperTarget, Roberts Crafts, and back to ShopKo because they really have good sales on all sorts of home stuff, and electronics. It was way easier after the 5 am panic rush of the day-after-Thanksgiving-shopping "Crazies".

We arrived back home at 10:30 and again, my entire Tahoe was full. You open any door besides where we were sitting, and stuff would be falling out. Unloaded into my living room, here's a pic. It actually doesn't look like much here but I think there was a bunch that didn't make it into the pic.

We all manged to get nearly all of our Christmas shopping done. What's left is stocking stuff, and just miscellaneous . Wow! That's a great feeling! After we got home, we wrapped all of the presents (ha! the tree isn't even up, and the presents are already wrapped!), and then we all took a little snoozer.

All in all, it's been a great weekend! Now on to the Christmas decorating...

5 backward glances:

kelly said...

Acknowledged.

Rachel said...

Amy, you put the CONSUME in consumer. What a fun morning with your sisters, I can just imagine you giggling all morning with them and Renee just smiling the whole time :)

Happy weekend to your family.
BTW. Chad and I hung the Christmas lights together this year, not without A LOT of complaining from him and bossing around from me. If I could have done it myself I would have, the roof is too high!

Ute said...

Oh my gosh... just reading your post makes me sweat. :) I boycott black friday... always have and always will. Can you believe I don't have a single present yet? Lovely. :)

Anonymous said...

Don't know what kind of deal Toys R Us was offering on the Zune. But, I got some at Costco.com for $99 (a 30GB with video and FM Tuner). Don't get to choose the color...it is brown but will save ya some money if you're looking for one. And if you decide you don't like it you can take it back to Costco and get a full refund including shipping. Sounds like you guys have a great tradition going on...you are blessed to have someone to do such things with.

Jessica said...

I guess I am not a mom... obviously. because I have no idea what a Zune is. I guess I will need to google that one. : ) I too went out to Black Friday but ended up standing in line at Kohls for almost an hour!! : ) Yuck!