Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween's Over...Just Give Me a Minute, I'll Be Alright

I really LOVE Halloween so I'm a bit sad it's all over. Moving on though, now the Holiday Season will be in full swing, and there's something else to get excited for (I love the holidays too). We couldn't have asked for more a more beautiful Halloween day though, could we? I simply cannot remember a Halloween when coats weren't part of the costume for trick or treating (at least since I lived in California). Yesterday I worried the SP would be too hot instead!
We started our day with a walk in the mountains. While most of the leaves were gone, it was beautiful anyway...
My little explorer.
I could stare at this face for hours....

Come on Mom, hurry up!

Why do we have to go back already?

Then later... we Trick-or-Treated with Courtney & Lucy down Main Street in Bountiful which was loads of fun, followed by visiting most of our friends that were home in the neighborhood.

Ta da! Here is the costume I worried over for a couple of months. It's not perfect by a long stretch but it did the trick! At least it mostly fit her with a few adaptations! This was Tuesday night when we went to a Halloween Party at my sister's church. We did the make-up and the whole 9 yards.
Tuesday night, the make-up lasted for oh, about 10 minutes and then she was pawing at her face. Needless to say, I toned it down a bit for trick-or-treating. Even then she was constantly wiping it off and I was re-applying it. I was grateful it was only a one-day thing.
Trick-or-treating! Sheer joy!
Me and the Supreme Princess herself.






10 backward glances:

josey said...

awwwwww i LOVE the pix of her standing on the counter!!! it made me giggle :) did you make it yourself? how adorable!! i'm glad you had a great time!

the weather definitely has been beautiful here, too. fall is the bestest!! that fallen-leafy smell always reminds me of trick-or-treat days. it rocks :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, so fun and the weather was absolutely fabulous...made to order! Natalie was sooooo cute in her costume...I like her without the big nose because you can see her cute face better. Glad you had a great time!

Rachel said...

Oh Amy, she is so cute. I too love the pix on the counter. She is such a mini person.
I also love the large Yellow wig with Nat's small little face. It highlights her mini-ness.
My question is WHERE was YOUR costume??

Amy said...

MY costume was sitting home. I wore it Tuesday night to the party but when we went trick-or-treating, i wanted the parents to recognize me so they'd know who the little clown was. my costume covered me entirely!

josey: yes, i TOTALLY made the costume and i wish i could be prouder of it but it didn't turn out exactly right, but o-well. it worked. and it was loads better than buying one. i had fun anyway!

Carly said...

Amy, she looks soooooo cute! I think the costume is perfect, you did a great job!

Shelby said...

A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!!! I LOVE the costume!!

FriendinME said...

what a cute kid!

Unknown said...

So cute! I'm sad we didn't get to see you guys.

Anonymous said...

Too cute, Amy! Awesome job making the costume. I'm a big fan of homemade ones over purely store bought. It's just so much fun putting all the pieces together. And I agree with Christy, that the one without her big clown nose is even cuter 'cause you see her whole face.

The weather here on the other side o' the country (NY to be exact) was perfect as well. We brought our jackets but never even put them on.

Amy said...

you guys are all so awesome to fawn over my offspring! i eat it up! thanks for all the nice words!