Friday, August 28, 2009

My Very First Applesauce

and no, I'm not talking about Tinkerpot. I'm talking about me! Canning my first applesauce! It was awesome!

My mom came over and picked about 1/2 a bucket of apples from the apple tree across the street. It didn't take long to transform them into this...And ohhhh, it was so delicious! I added some sugar and cinnamon and then just water packed it. This amount (1/2 bucket) made 4 quarts and a small container for the fridge. But that tree is just loaded still and another tree will be ripe in a few weeks so this is only the beginning.

Am I boring you with my canning posts? I'm certainly not bored doing the canning - it's been way fun.

3 backward glances:

Tiffany said...

I'm so jealous!!! I'm hoping I'll be feeling better by the time our apples are ready...I LOVE homemade applesauce. You're da bomb chica :)

Amy said...

I hope you're feeling better too! You'll have plenty of time with your kids in school and an infant who sleeps a ton. If Asher takes good long naps, you'll get a lot done! Something tells me though that he doesn't take good long naps! ???

Unknown said...

My mom used to freeze her home made applesauce and it was so yummy right out of the freezer still a little frozen!