Saturday, August 15, 2009

Gotta Stay With It!!

Didn't want to disrupt my what, 2 day run of posting now, would I? I had to jot something down even if it was something trivial.

What's going on today....

The Marshmallow will return home tomorrow. After being gone for exactly a week, I'm ready for him to be here. If not just for the workload being cut down by what I used to think was a fraction - it's actually a larger percentage than I imagined. But don't tell him I said that :)

Today I started on the sun-dried tomatoes. I sliced them all up and they're dehydrating right now. I looked it up on the Internet (God bless the Internet) and got all sorts of good ideas.

Also, right now I'm simmering a huge pot of marinara sauce that I will bottle tomorrow. It's been simmering for about 5 hours right now and it's starting to taste so yummy. It'll be good to have bottled marinara sauce - we really go through that stuff! And I picked another bushel of tomatoes so here we go again...

And now folks, I'm off to a movie. It's 9:30 PM - yeah, so what. My kids are in bed, the babysitter's on the way, as is my good buddy Renee - and we're going to Gateway for a little down time. I'm excited. Normally wouldn't do a late show because I need all the sleep I can get but I have SO needed this. Perhaps The Marshmallow would be interested in date-night next weekend. Sushi, alone with him, would be like a vacation to the Bahamas.

TTFN

1 backward glances:

Kimmie said...

Girl do you every stop? Sounds like you have been one busy lady....