Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Lots of Changes

My house has 3 bedrooms upstairs and 3 down. The upstairs bedrooms are occupied by the Master, SP and my "office" (discussed here).

The downstairs bedrooms are the recently redecorated spare, my workout room, and the other "spare", massage room, gift-wrapping room and catch-all crap room for anything we want behind closed doors. It's a disaster in there right now and so, the door is closed to all inquirers.

I've known since we moved to this house that should another baby come along, I'd have to give up my lovely space upstairs, which is also conveniently located right down the hall from the kitchen and across the hall from my bedroom. It really couldn't be a better location for accessibility, and usability (for an office as well as for a nursery).

But I'm losing it - willingly, no lie. But I have to give it up for Baby #2. I am being relocated down to the catch-all room which will have to be completely cleaned out. The bed's gotta go and so has much of what's in there.

What I hate is that my current "office" has a built-in desk, drawers and shelves above. The new room has no built-in desk, no built-in shelves and no built-in drawers. It's going to be an organizing nightmare, at a time when that kind of thing just makes me want to take a nap.

The good thing in all of this is that I really think I'm going to say good-bye to all of my scrapbooking stuff. I've fallen in love with digital so much that there's just no use for these hundreds of dollars of supplies that I'm sure will bring in a chunk of change on e-bay or Craig's List. That, in and of itself, will be a load of work but will free up tons of space.

5 backward glances:

kelly said...

But how fun will it be to dream up and then decorate a beautiful nursery?

I will help you move your office downstairs if you like. I'm very handy and freakishly strong for a girl.

Mikki said...

Good luck with the moving/organizing. Congratulations on the reason behind the move. I'm enjoying looking through your blog.

Mikki said...

P.S. Maybe after your first trimester, you'll get your energy back. (crossing my fingers for ya')

Amy said...

kelly: your help is always appreciated. that would be fun. although i think your help would be better utilized in the decorating department. i am excited to decorate! that's the best part!

mikki: thank you! there are drawbacks to every trimester but who's complaining, right? all of it is going to be fun.

Heidi Sue said...

You are a good mama. And I know the nursery will be beautiful.You have a nack for stuff like that.