Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A Little Seinfeld Never Killed Anybody

Sorry Kelly. I had to do it.

I was watching Seinfeld the other night, specifically Elaine, when it dawned on me that I know this girl...personally! And then I wracked my brain trying to figure out who the heck it was!!

Then it hit me...it's my friend Kelly. Check her out here.

She even sort of looks like Elaine, really! For those of you who know her, don't you agree?

When Seinfeld was running, I used to sit back and think, "are there really people in the world like that?" regretting that there probably weren't, but that if there were, I'd want to know them because I sort of feel a little "Seinfeld" myself, at times.

And now I do. I get real-life Seinfeld every day if I want it. I just have to call 867-5309 (had ya huh?) Kelly, did your heart stop?

Until you know "Elaine" in real-life, you don't know what you're missing...

9 backward glances:

kelly said...

Get. Out! (pushes you)

Ellen said...

First of all: isn't that phone number the one for the Denver Post 1st Classified? I'm pretty sure I know the jingle! "Call 867-5309 (nyeeine), for the Denver Post First Classified. We'll run it in 10 or we'll run it again, IN THE POST!" Am I lame or what that I remember that?
Secondly: Thank you so much for writing such nice things about me on your blog. I just checked it tonite and I must say, I have worked my entire life for your esteem and, well...thanks. You're just too sweet. Actually, this parenting thing seems to have so little to do with me, and just a ton to do with the fact that I think I have the sweetest, greatest, cutest, most wonderful kids in the world. But then, doesn't every parent?
Anyway, thanks again Ame. I luv yoo too.

Ellen said...

P.S. Nice dress and red beads in the Christmas 1983 picture.

Amy said...

kelly: I'm. Out. (falls over)

Ellen: 867-5309...perhaps a stolen jingle of the very popular "Jenny" tune from the 80's. But then, you weren't born yet....

Ellen said...

by the way, i'm only 29.

Amy said...

don't lie

josey said...

okay first, i cant seem to find kelly's picture on her website! hehe! how cool is that that "carrie underwood" and "elaine benes" are like, best friends?? OH-MY-GOSH! *valleygirlvoice* hehehe!

very cute post...and now, i'm gonna go around singin, "eight six seven five three-ohh-nyeeine" all day! woohoo! LOL.

Amy said...

kelly likes to remain mysterious...

Anonymous said...

I have often thought that Kelly was Elaine to a Tee--but on a "good girl" level! Every time I see Matthew Perry I think of Kelly D--maybe that's only from a Big Sis place--but totally see my little bro in that man! Matthew and Elaine---certainly make really cute kids!!

Robyn