Thursday, April 10, 2008

Me, Me, Me

(18 months appx??)

I haven't participated in a meme for a long time so when Josey tagged me the other day, I was surprised! I think I've done this one on email a long time ago but perhaps things have changed with me. Here goes.

First, the rules:
1. Each blogger answers the questions about themselves.
2. Then tag five people. Make sure to let them know! :)

What I was doing 10 years ago - 1998

  1. living with my grandma
  2. 2nd year in college
  3. taking Anatomy (at this time, the hardest class I'd taken)
  4. working a dead-end job for a controlling & emotionally abusive nut-job
  5. balancing full-time job, college, social life and boyfriend: difficult

Five things on my to-do list today

  1. exercise
  2. go to work for a few hours
  3. continue reading The Poyson Garden (i'm hooked)
  4. figure out what to make for dinner
  5. work on cleaning out my perennial beds if it's warm enough

Snacks I enjoy

  1. Doritos
  2. rice cakes with roasted red pepper dip
  3. chips & salsa
  4. milk chocolate
  5. fresh strawberries


Things I would do if I were a billionaire

  1. pay off all my debt and all my immediate family’s debt
  2. build my parents houses and buy them each the cars they want
  3. put away money for my daughter & nieces and nephews to go to college
  4. take a few vacations somewhere abroad
  5. buy a small farm and build a nice home my family—complete with my dream greenhouse, and indoor pool w/retractable roof
  6. set up a charitable donations account and invest the rest

Five of my bad habits

  1. sleeping late
  2. forgetting to pray
  3. not thinking entirely through what I'm going to say
  4. being too sensitive to others' feelings (then I obsess)
  5. being inpatient with the Supreme Princess

Five places I have lived

  1. Provo, Tooele, & Salt Lake City, Utah
  2. Frederick, Maryland
  3. Long Beach, California
  4. Tucson, Arizona
  5. Denver, Colorado

Five jobs I’ve had

  1. pizza maker at Little Caesars (first job)
  2. Sales secretary for Nature's Way
  3. Sales secretary for Convergys
  4. Construction assistant at Big-D Construction while they constructed all of the venues for the Salt Lake 2002 Olympics
  5. Currently and forever more, and occupational therapist

AND my own “5 things” additional category (just for fun!):

What I’d like to be doing in 25 years

  1. be a cookies & milk grandma
  2. in the Peace Corp
  3. going on a church mission
  4. being at peace finally with my past
  5. um, still be alive. My grandmother whom I take after died unexpectedly when she was 46 from a stomach-related disease. No autopsy so I'm sort of in the dark about what I'm up against... sorry for the morbidity
I guess I'll pass this along to: Christy, Tara, Susan, Shelby and Rachel

6 backward glances:

Ellen said...

That's funny. I thought that picture was me! :)

Tarasview said...

fun! I will definitely do this and let you know :) I loved your answers and that picture of you is adorable!

Tarasview said...

okey dokey I did it!
http://tarasviewoftheworld.blogspot.com/2008/04/tagged-by-amy.html

Amy said...

El: hmm. you never can be sure. it's been in my baby book for years and years.

tara: haha, maybe that pic isn't even of me!

Gypsy at Heart said...

Amy: Yet one more proof of why you are such a nice person. Generous, thoughtful and just plain kind. I loved how you would allot your billion. May you achieve all those goals you wished for and shelf the worry about an early death. NOTHING is going to happen to you. I have to check out the Poyson Garden. Just the spelling of it makes me curious.

josey said...

YAY, thanks for playing the meme, amy! wow, we had a lot of similar answers. creepy. LOL. we even both worked at pizza places for our first jobs. haha! i actually loved that job!

there was one that didn't surprise me AT ALL--and that was your #1 snack choice. teehee!!! you're a nut!

and oooh the book, i've been itching to read some good fiction. something different than my norm. i'm going to check out that one--or one by that author at least!

and lastly, tho i dont know about your "past" much, you're in my prayer journal for that. i've been in the same boat and piece by piece, im putting it behind me thanks to God's grace. peace be to you, friend!