Sunday, April 11, 2010

I'm Going Down Fighting

The Marshmallow shaved off his facial hair today, and I seriously detest when he does this. I've known him for too long with it and he just looks like a different person to me! I humor him when he shaves it all off but look forward to when it will all grow back. And it will. It always does.

But I was making a comment about my gray hairs this evening and he mentioned that when he shaved this morning he noticed that many of the hairs in the sink were white! He's blonde, so of course he'll go white which irritates me to no end. Here's a man who has no care in the world about what color his hair will be in ten years and he gets to go gloriously white. It's about as unfair as men losing weight so much faster than women. Just another proverbial "bird finger" to the fairness of it all.

Me, on the other hand, will go that ghastly shade of gray. I'm already seeing it - sort of silverly and spikey with no desire to be tamed. If I pulled them all out at this point, like I've been doing for 5 years , 6 years, I wouldn't have enough hair to style anymore. But I'm not letting it take me down before I'm ready to go. My cute little 80-something grandma still bleaches her hair out blonde monthly. And I have no qualms whatsoever in following in her tiny little footsteps. I will be vain until the day I die. Gray just doesn't go with anything in my closet.

1 backward glances:

Christy said...

Your Awesome! Thanks for the giggle!