Friday, April 16, 2010

God Grant Me Serenity

I had a very excellent week. With a new time management system, a bunch of motivation and some really good kids, I was able to get quite a lot done and I'm feeling on top of the world.

Tonight I took Tinker out in the wagon and it was light sweater weather, my favorite, and as I walked I just felt complete serenity. It's fleeting, serenity. I've discovered that it's not a feeling one can have on an ongoing basis and that when you finally feel it surround you, take a breath and enjoy it while it's there. Because it's bliss.

All was right in my world in those few moments and I can only hope that heaven feels like that utter contentment I felt right then as I thought about my life.

I managed to "spring clean" my backyard flower beds today with the baby out there with me (it's a miracle), I paid bills without the stress of wondering how it was all going to come through, I am completely caught up on laundry, dinner was a success tonight, I'm caught up at work, my desk is clean, my children are bathed, fed and happy...and The Marshmallow is home building me a stringing system for my peas mostly because he loves me.

After last week, I did deserve that moment of serenity. Thank You Lord.

0 backward glances: