Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Dance Lessons

Today was a milestone in my little turkey's life. She started dance lessons - the only lessons I highly coveted all of my ever-so-lucky friends (the ones who got to dance). She has shown a lot, if not talent, then desire for dancing past the age that it naturally kicks in whenever music starts. Most 2 year old's butts automatically start groovin' when music starts and Natalie's still does and it's completely out of her control.

We bought all of her gear, leotart, tights, little tutu, tap shoes etc. I vicariously danced all through the kitchen the day she first put the get-up on. She was delighted by the sound the tap shoes made on the tiles.

However........first lesson was very different. It took me about 10 minutes to realize that moms do not sit & watch dance lessons. She would not do a thing the teacher said and she kept wanting to come & sit on my lap. She was very bashful & gnawed on her fingers while everyone skipped & hopped around the room. I gave up and went out to my car finally after snapping a few pictures of my not-so-enthusiastic ballerina. That's her in the waaaaay back pretending to be invisible.

2 backward glances:

Rachel said...

Ah The Drill Team mom. Perhaps Nat prefers the solo dancing :) What a cutie!

Anonymous said...

After reading your post, Amy, I felt so SAD for two reasons: that I failed to recognize your extreme desire for dancing lessons of your own, and also that Natalie is growing up so FAST! I wish I had done more for you than just buy you that leotard and tutu for Halloween--why in the world did I fail to see it?