Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Another Letdown

There should be a word in the dictionary dedicated to the feeling you get every single month when you find out you're not pregnant...again.

How is it that a person can get pregnant so easily the first time and then struggle so hard the next time. There should be a word for that too.

It's really not fair, you know? I have so much of this mothering thing figured out now that I've done it once.

I know what to expect from an infant;
I know what to do when a kid throws up;
I know what to do when a baby cries;
I know how to get a child to sleep through the night;
I know several coping skills for when a child is screaming in a grocery store;
I know the most effective ways to get through a meal with the least amount of mess from ages 6 months to 2 years;
I have learned all of the most effective bedtime lullabies;
I know what to look for in a good stroller;
I have figured out how to use the crazy baby bjorn;
I am even not scared about the first 3 months anymore and how to cope with no sleep; I also now know how to avoid swollen ankles during pregnancy!.

I am not scared or worried - how easy it would be to slip into #2!

I wish there were a pill.

7 backward glances:

Rachel said...

I wish I could give you the answer to why not now...
I am so impressed by all the things you have figured out. I'm still so lost and look to you for good ideas and peace of mind.
Keep your faith and hope up, all will be as it should be, be strong and don't give up.

Melanie Posell said...

I am with you there Amy. Although my pregnancies have never resulted in a child, I too know the letdown that it is each month. Here's wishing positive news for the both of us. I'm hoping before Christmas!

Ellen said...

wait for me! didn't your dream say we'd be pregnant together? i'll hurry, you wait...and it'll happen.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry- I remember feeling that way every month for 14 months the past year and then one day it happened. I am praying for you.

Grammy said...

Ahhhh! That is such a difficult pain. I went through it much. My first two girls (Katie & Julie) are 5 years apart, and I only wanted them 2 years apart. My second two (Julie & Becca) are 12 years apart. I think I should own stock in home pregnancy tests. And when I had Becca, people though she was Katie's baby. Go figure... Don't give up, Amy. And even though you have lots of stuff figured out let me warn you - no two babies are alike! I still think you are awesome!

Anonymous said...

I know how hard it is. There is nothing like being so excited and then finding out that your not pregnant. I thought I was three months along, and then it all ended. How fun is that. Amy it will happen. Just don't get stressed. Stress just makes it worse.
Love Ya Heidi

jaypee hospital said...

This is such a helpful reading material for me, I’ve learned a lot of new things. Thanks for the great post!