Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Continuing Saga



The City has begun it's work on our front yard. I came home from work today to the entire stretch of sidewalk & street torn out, including about 20' from each side of the circular driveway. They "relocated" several of my plants which can be loosely translated to "killed", and stomped their way through the rest of my neglected garden. Neglected primarily because I knew they the City would be uprooting much of my hard Spring work anyway so why bother? Too bad that the ones they likely killed were some of the very established perennial mums & not the annuals I planted this year. We're still able to park in the driveway but by next week, we'll be having to find alternative parking spaces as concrete will be drying on the sidewalk soon to be poured. I've seen too many cars crashed into while parked on Orchard Dr. so I might be parking up one of the sidestreets across the street which will make hauling bags or packages (like 3 year olds) an interesting predicament seeing as I'll have to cross the busy street with my arms loaded & a little tyke in towe. It will be interesting. My sister-in-law Jenny is coming to stay with us starting on Monday for about 2 weeks as she is doing in-vitro in Salt Lake and hates to drive 3 hours each way every other day for a 45 minute appointment to do whatever it is they'll be doing to her at those frequent appointments. So, at least I'll have a couple of commiserating companions.

0 backward glances: