Monday, August 2, 2010

Sunday Night: Not A Great Day To Start a Remodel

But don't say I said it. Those were The Marshmallow's words to me tonight as we put Bugs in our bed for the 2nd night in what is looking like to be a long string of nights. This paint job is likely going to take me all week!

It's not like I have oodles of time to be painting though, with an 18 month old running around. And it's not like I can just let her into the room I'm painting in! So I have a 2 1/2 hour window each day (on days I don't work) to get stuff done, and then a couple of hours each night. It's just not cutting it. I'm on evening 3 and all I've gotten done is to prime the corners and edges where a roller won't go - indeed that is a big part of the job. Yes, I've masked the whole room, and prepped it all and we know that takes the most amount of time but still I just feel so far behind in the whole thing (why do I have an english accent when I read this back to myself? - too many audiobooks!)

What else did I get done today, asks The Marshmallow, when he gets home to find very little more completed on the room than was done when he left this morning? Well, not much. Two swim lessons at two vastly different times (that meant 2 separate trips to the rec center), the car detailed, 3 healthy meals prepared, 3 hours worth of paperwork submitted for a scheduled paycheck later this week, endless room tidying, 2 loads of laundry, 2 loads of dishwasher dishes, 2 beds made, 3 showers, weeds pulled, tomatoes picked, books read......blah blah blah. You get the idea. Lots of things happen. Just because you can't SEE what's been done doesn't mean nothing got done. men. Don't you hate that insinuation? I'm home...therefore I do nothing.

On another note, Catching Fire, the sequel to The Hunger Games, is on hold at the city library for me to pick up tomorrow. I only put it on hold last week; I can't believe it's already my turn! I'm so excited - I literally was up until 3am the night I read The Hunger Games cover to cover in one evening. Where am I going to find another evening I can totally devote to Book 2?

3 backward glances:

Esther said...

Amy! We shoud get together. Yes, I had a baby. He'll actually be 4 months old on the 9th this month! And he already has 2 teeth! Crazy. You should e-mail me at estheryospe@yahoo.com and we'll get together.

Unknown said...

I LOVE those books- Julie has them. I know you and because of this I KNOW that you accomplish MANY things each day so don't worry. I can't wait to see the end result of bugs room though

Heidi Sue said...

I know how you feel, my girls have been sleeping on the floor of my room for over 2 moths. We remodeled their room and it took forever to get bunkbeds.
I know it will be cute! you do a great job.
You are one busy lady! Little by little it will get there.