Monday, August 30, 2010

Grrrrr

What did I tell you about Maytag? That washing machine is FOUR years old people. FOUR! It was over a thousand dollars! And it's scrap metal. It's going to cost over $400 to repair it and even then, we will still have a heap of crap. I'm SO irritated about it. We're not fixing it. We're going to buy a new machine and although that pleases me to no end to have a new machine, it makes me very distrustful of expensive appliances. These older model Whirlpools that I see here and there (like at my little Sis), are way old but EXCELLENT machines. I'm sure they weren't that expensive to buy brand new but they work great!

Word to the Wise: DON'T BUY MAYTAG IF YOU WANT QUALITY

4 backward glances:

Christy said...

It IS very frustrating to have large appliance issues. My washer is leaking AGAIN. Have you looked on KSL? You might be able to get an old reliable there and save some big bucks.

Esther said...

Maybe that's why all the commercials for Maytag involve a "repair man"! Good luck!

Tiffany said...

I'm so sorry :( We got LG's with our tax returns this year and I am VERY happy. But we did the ancient Whirlpool thing for over 10 years so that is a great option too. Good luck!

Rachel said...

so I should thank my old white washer and dryer... I am envious everytime I see the LG front loaders, but my little old white ones do the job.