Monday, March 29, 2010

One Excellent Reason To Get Married

The Marshmallow and I have known each other since we were very young. I think I actually met him when I was still 21 and he was not quite 26.

On our first date, I came ripping into his driveway in my cute little mx-3 with the sunroof open and some hard rock station blaring out the windows. He says I was smoking - ahhh, I probably was but don't tell anyone. An old habit that was kicked long ago. He also teases me a lot about that day saying that I was doing my best to look cool. Well, all I can say is that he noticed me and it didn't scare him away.

But back to why it's great to get married. Over the past...um....lots of years he's gone from 26, to 32 to, 37 to almost 41. I've gone from 21 to......where I am now. And as the years have gone by we've noticed various things happening to our bodies as gravity pulls, wrinkles become prominent and the early startings of arthritis start to make joints ache a bit in the morning. And then we laugh...at each other. We tease each other badly about getting old. And it makes it easier to take.

Take last night. I'll accept the fact that gravity has pulled my bum into non-existence. I have no bum. And I suppose what bum I do have sags. But I can totally laugh about it if he teases me about my grandma bum like he did last night. And I look forward to teasing him about his balding head. We'll grow old together and totally make fun of each other along the way. It's more fun that way.

I hope he doesn't gyp me out of teasing him about using a walker and carrying oxygen around by dying too young. That'll suck.

0 backward glances: