Monday, May 11, 2009

The Economy and Why It Sucks To Be Us

You might remember a post I made about 2 years ago about where we'd really like to be living. Well, as much as I really do love my house and all, I do have bigger dreams, or at least more humble. Not like I lust after the big house on the hill or whatever - that's not really me. But I would like a newer house and some land for my kids to frolic upon.

That dream has never been further away than it is at this moment however. With The Marshmallow being self-employed, I can't see a bank lending us a single red cent which is all the more disappointing because of how inexpensive the housing market is right now! Even if we put our house up for sale and broke even...*gasp*...we'd still be buying a nicer home for probably not much more than we bought this one for 3 1/2 years ago!

So...what to do, what to do. The Marshmallow does have employment opportunities but has been resisting them in hopes that his small business will take off. Thus far, it's doing what it's supposed to be doing...paying our bills, keeping us in our house without me working. But it's difficult to turn down this an awesome opportunity - if he would get salaried employment, we could move finally. It's a hard decision. I've given him my opinion but since it's his job, I'll let him make the final decision.

0 backward glances: