Saturday, August 16, 2008

Catch Up Post

What have I been doing since I haven't posted now for two days?

I've been watching the swimming and gymnastics events in the Olympics. I've been absolutely amazed at all of the performances. Tonight I watched the women's marathon and I literally cried as I watched Paula Radcliffe limp through the arena obviously in so much pain. What soul! But Constantina Tomescu (who won) is absolutely an amazing athlete. And then there's Dara Torres and Michael Phelps. It's been so fun to watch them both!

I've been cooking a little, and baking a little. I made my first dinner in 3 months last night. I made calzones which is sort of cheating since there was no meat other than pepperoni. But I made it and it counts! I also made zucchini bread and apricot/strawberry crisp. Oh, and rice krispie treats.

I went to the library, saw the play "BIG" at the Hale Center Theatre with my mom today, and shopping e-bay for cute school clothes for SP.

Something I haven't been doing is napping and that's just fine with me! Oh, but the cat allergy finally hit the fan and I've been having to take loratadine so that I don't accidentally sneeze my guts out onto the carpet! I certainly hope that allergy goes away once the baby comes.

3 backward glances:

Anonymous said...

Hey look at you go...you cooked dinner and baked and haven't taken naps. Wish the allergies were improving as much as other things seem to be.

kelly said...

Glad you're feeling a little better.

Rachel said...

I can't seem to turn off the tv when the Olympics are on. I too have been caught up in all the amazing stories of the athletes. I haven't done half the cooking you have! Its just to hot to cook :) at least that is the excuse I am using.