Monday, March 10, 2008

Preschool

Talk about mad-rush to sign a kid up for preschool! I knew that I needed to get on it quickly but when I finally made the phone call, it seemed like I was already 3 months behind!

I've struggled a lot with where to send the SP to school. I've made up my mind about primary school but preschool was different. There are so many options anywhere from daycare-run preschools (which are more like daycare than preschool if you ask me), to little schools run out of homes.

I finally chose the latter; a place pretty near my home that is a brand new school this year. It met a lot of my requirements, namely 3 days a week (on the days I want it), separation of 3 & 4 year-olds because their cognitive and social levels are really so different! I wanted fairly small class sizes and a little more structure in preparation for formal education.

I paid the registration fee today and had a meeting with the teacher. I really love her. I think she is going to be great. SP cried when we left her house; I guess she'll be fine when school starts in August.

August????? I can't believe it's almost time for my baby to start school!

BTW, I was wrong about the two sides of peep-dom. There were too many people who ride the fence.

4 backward glances:

Childsplayx2 said...

Whew! I didn't comment on the peeps because I could go either way, myself.

I bought some for the kids for Easter, though.

Rachel said...

You've been fretting over this for months, I'm glad you found a fit for SP, she will love the socializing with all those kids! She is a bit like her mother you know.

Heidi Sue said...

It's a big step, I am glad you found a place that makes you feel comfortable. SP will love it. She is already smart, now you are in for it.

Amy said...

childsplay2: a fence sitter? hmmm. i just don't know about you people!

rachel: i am SO GLAD to finally have the decision made, and the check sent! i don't like to socialize; you have me mixed up with someone else!

heidi: you're so nice! i can't take any of the credit for her cognition - her dad is the smart one in the family.