Thursday, March 6, 2008

American Idol This Week

I just don't watch TV that much so watching 3 nights in a row is a real stretch for me. I watch all 3 episodes in one evening - on Thursday so the suspense isn't prolonged too much.

I wrote this whole long post about my thoughts of this week's episodes but it all boils down to this:

1) I'm glad Danny got voted off. His antics were taking away from his performance. He has a great voice but is too immature to deal with being a celebrity and probably will never be ready.

2) Asia - awesome singer. Sad story. I think she'll do alright though.

3) All the vote-offs were predictable. The remaining 12 are who they should be with 1 or 2 exceptions (I'm not sure Amanda really should be there).

I'm saying it now though I think I've said it before...a guy's gonna win this year. It's too soon to speculate which one but I'm just thinking they're so much better than the chics. My opinion.

BTW: have you seen iTunes "site" for American Idol? It's new, I think. It has all the 24 contestants and their name goes "out" when they are voted off. If you click on their name, it brings up all the songs they have sung for their performances that you can buy. I don't know about you, but in year's past, I've wanted to buy certain songs but never could. I LOVE it!.

8 backward glances:

Steve said...

I was surprised to see Asia'h go. She was a far better vocalist than Kristy.

Wasn't at all surprised by the guys, and am also glad Danny is gone. He was like fingernails on a chalkboard.

My top two women are Ramiele and Syesha. Both are cute as can be and can really, really sing.

Top two men are Michael and David. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the top four in a few weeks.

Anonymous said...

I too am GLAD to see Danny voted off. It is about time! I was surprised that Asia'h is gone. I agree with you Amy...I think the guys are better this year. David is my favorite. He has an amazing voice and I love his song choice. He picks songs with a message and the message is the first thing I love about my favorite songs! I love a good message.

FriendinME said...

My household was glad to see Danny go (affectionately known here as "twit-boy"). I thought for sure that the "vote for the worst" crowd was going to stick us with another Sanjaya this year.

I like Ramiele and David in the finals. I think Stephanie (the Irish girl) can sing, but don't think she will make it to the top two.

I was surprised to see Asia'h go. I thought she was better than a couple of the girls who made it through-- most notably the Janis Joplin wannabe and the girl who Simon said is "forgettable." I can't remember her name. :)

Amy said...

Steve: I agree about the men & Danny. I like Kristy's country-ism (made that up)

Christy: David is awesome - I love him!

FriendinMe: it looks like we all agre e about "twit-boy". i can't narrow it down with the girls though yet. give me a few weeks and i'll publish my top 2 favorites, men & women.

Kelly Ann said...

I totally heart American Idol, makes me want to go on the show, and be one of the people that Simon would love to hate, because i am not a good singer, at. all. LOL

I hope a woman wins it this year, I especially like that older blonde haired gal, her name escapes me atm. Great blog! :)

Amy said...

Chica: thanks for stopping by and leaving a note! I think I know who you're talking about. The one with the bluesy voice? I love her!

josey said...

i think those who left this time were right on, however i still think kristy lee should have been gone already!

i am favoring brooke and jason, because they are more folk-type singers, which is my fave! but i love carly and david a. as well. too bad david h. wasn't more original--i think he may be the best male vocalist right up there with david a.

chikezie is awesome but he's too much like ruben; amanda is original but she cant really carry a tune; david c. has a nice voice but sounds just like all the other new artists; i like michael but im just not sure if he is as likable as david a.! ramiele and syesha are both great singers, but i'm not sure they will be popular enough to win it.

so that's my current take in a nutshell! hehe! this week should be awesome :)

Rachel said...

So I'm curious, do you have a finalist already decided? I did love David Cook's version of that song. Although he is a little to oh I don't know thinking he has the stuff.
While Jason Castro is not my favorite, his song choice this last week was fantastic.
I'm hoping Brooke White will let loose and sing something with a little more life to it, otherwise her Carol King style may boot her early.
I'm with you... record all of them, fast forward through the commercials and avoid the drama between Simon and Paula, ugh.